Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

bad A** SNOWMOBILE

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad A** SNOWMOBILE

That is also a good point. But one other thing to remember to is the amount of torque that a 2-stroke will produce. In a heavier application such as with a vehicle you need a large amount that a 2-stroke may not be able to make.

Old 02-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Excellent point Sparky660. Interesting thing about sleds and other belt autos is that the engine is most always in its power band, so low end torque is not quite as big an issue. My sleds have 700 triple/triples and as soon as I goose it, it istantly jumps up to over 6000 rpms and stays there till I hit 70 or 80 and then climbs to about 7700 at 100 mph. Not much of an rpm range eh?
BryceGTX

Old 02-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky660
BANSHEE you missed the whole point of my post. What I was getting at was how long the modded Yamaha has lasted. Lets see a turboed 400 hp 2 stroke last as long the RX-1. Your craxy to think that it will even last a season of riding. Sure it will cost more to rebuild, but that is a weak arguement because the RX-1 will last forever. You can whine and complain that the RX-1 is not stock but who cares, how many people run stock machines? In a real world comparison he who has the most money wins and the Big Iron Shootout is proof of that. To let you know the T.V. program that I watched is actually sponsored by SKI-DOO so that remark about having a biased opinion is way out to lunch. One last thing is that my Dad restores antique tractors and he has a unit that was built in 1912 that uses the same technology that your Doo uses to back up. It spins the engine in reverse. Now that's some up to date 90 year old technology.BANSHEE your name calling is a sign of your intelligence try and be more grown-up when posting. By the first line in your response you intelligence shines through.
No your missing the point. Who needs 400hp for trail riding? Maybe the RX1 needs it but in a tight curvy bumpy trail I will smoke you with my 600HO REV. If I wanted to I would Turbo the MachZ and smoke the RX-1 would it be as reliable maybe not but as you say he who has the most money wins, I wouldn't care if it blew up daily if I had the most money. Plan in simple I rather trail ride then lake run.

My point is the race you are talking about is open class racing. Where only the big boys play. No one is going to take a stock MachZ or RX-1 into an open class. So saying an RX-1 with 6lbs or boost is going to beat a stock MachZ is just stupid the two are not in the same class at that point.

Thats great that your 1912 tractor has the technology to reverse the motor my point is 2-stroke sleds have had reverse for years. My second point is try to make your RX-1 Reverse the motor.

My name calling, I called you stupid wow I was just on a roll with the name calling. I was trying to express to you that your post makes no sense, "snowmobile that dare I say has reverse", "With a power curve of about 1000 rpm", "Meet me at the lakes with that 05 Machz and my turboed RX-1 will blow your doors of with only 6 lbs of boost and I can take it up to 13 lbs", "Take an RX 1 and feel the torque from idle to wot you will never go back". Those have to be the stupidest statements I have ever heard. In response to your stupid comments 2-stroke have had reverse for years, just a stupid comment with no merit, Modified vs Stock = STUPID, Torque I want acceleration my Titan has plenty of torque.

If all you do is run the lakes then have fun with the RX-1 my final point is the RX-1 is not good for anything other than lake running. I don't even like my MachZ in the trails I rather ride my MXZ anyday. However the MachZ performs better in the trails then the RX-1 in my opinion.

Oh I got a pedal bike you wanna race your Turbo RX-1, I think it would be a close race.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Range Rover

i smell smoke[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Banshee your jumping to conclusions. Did I say anything about running trails. No I didn't. I was refering to the mountains where real men ride and we send the women to run the trails. There is a hill in Revelstoke that is called Turbo. The reason for this is that the Turboed RX-1 is the only machine to date that has climbed it. The reason being is that it is quite a ride from the staging area and any other brand that has the power to climb it won't run long enough to get there. Did i say;also that you there was a stock Doo in the open class? If I remeber correctly I did not. What I was getting at was that the Doo doesn't even have the potential to run with the big dogs. You want accleration hey? The grass drags at Princeton Min. was won by a stock RX1 and guess what was in second place and third place let me guess were they RX-1's? Yep sure were. Where was your stock Doo? What about the ice ovals in Alpens MI? Quess who took the enduro main event RX-1 (whick also took third). What about the pro stock class of 7 laps? Gee i think the RX-1 took 1-2-3. There again where is you Doo? So by the looks of things if you want to hill climb with the best you run an RX-1. If you want to corner the best and ride oval all day you better run an RX-1 and if you want to acclerate real fast and leave the rest behind run a RX-1. The stat's don't lie bud. With all there qualities the RX-1 is the machine to have. The Doo is the Titan tractor of the industry for speed and I'm even from Canada where they are build with that opinion. Though I will admit BANSHEE that I am impressed that you have even heard of a Titan tractor. You run Doo so the relation between them and the Titan Tractor are uncanny.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] So there is my merit with proof to back it up.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky660
Banshee your jumping to conclusions. Did I say anything about running trails. No I didn't. I was refering to the mountains where real men ride and we send the women to run the trails. There is a hill in Revelstoke that is called Turbo. The reason for this is that the Turboed RX-1 is the only machine to date that has climbed it. The reason being is that it is quite a ride from the staging area and any other brand that has the power to climb it won't run long enough to get there. Did i say;also that you there was a stock Doo in the open class? If I remeber correctly I did not. What I was getting at was that the Doo doesn't even have the potential to run with the big dogs. You want accleration hey? The grass drags at Princeton Min. was won by a stock RX1 and guess what was in second place and third place let me guess were they RX-1's? Yep sure were. Where was your stock Doo? What about the ice ovals in Alpens MI? Quess who took the enduro main event RX-1 (whick also took third). What about the pro stock class of 7 laps? Gee i think the RX-1 took 1-2-3. There again where is you Doo? So by the looks of things if you want to hill climb with the best you run an RX-1. If you want to corner the best and ride oval all day you better run an RX-1 and if you want to acclerate real fast and leave the rest behind run a RX-1. The stat's don't lie bud. With all there qualities the RX-1 is the machine to have. The Doo is the Titan tractor of the industry for speed and I'm even from Canada where they are build with that opinion. Though I will admit BANSHEE that I am impressed that you have even heard of a Titan tractor. You run Doo so the relation between them and the Titan Tractor are uncanny.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] So there is my merit with proof to back it up.
Here are two quotes from you that imply to me trail riding.

"Your craxy to think that it will even last a season of riding" You said riding which to me implies trails, I would not call lake running riding, nor do I call racing riding, riding is taking the sled out for a 200mile day on the trails

"Second was a turboed RX1 that had 4000 km on the engine." It would be scary to think 4000km was all straight line racing, that would get pretty boring after the 1000 time

I tried looking up the races you mentioned and I couldn't find anything. I'm not saying its not true but you telling me proves nothing to me. I need to see it on an offical website. I went and found the following links to WSA Races Snowcross, Ice Racing, and grass drags. Check the results for yourself

http://www.snowcross.com/dev/event_results.shtml
Don't see any Yamaha's even trying to race

http://wsaracing.com/portalpak_modws...startYear=2003
Wow still no Yamaha's even listed

http://wsaracing.com/portalpak_modws...startYear=2004
Opps still no Yamaha listed.

http://www.pro-ice.com/finals/Park%2...20Hill%20X.htm
Hmmmm Still no Yamaha

http://www.nhgrassdrags.com/Results/...nt10-10-04.rtf
Found some Yamaha's finally but I sure see a lot of Cat and Ski-doo's

Most of those links are WSA sactioned results. I tried looking for your backyard races and couldn't find anything on them.

I never said the Yamaha was bad in a straight line. It needs a little bit to get up to speed. but on a nice 2 mile stretch it is fast. I rather get to 100mph faster then do 130mph. Oh I wasn't talking tractors I was talking Nissan Titan.

So there is my merit with proof to back it up.
Your whole post was just talk show some links that is proof. I tried looking up the races you talked about but couldn't find anything. They must not be a national race because I didn't see it under the WSA Schedule. Maybe I missed it but if you want me to believe anything you need to show me the proof not tell me about a bunch of races there is nothing to back it up with.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Range Rover

yea i would have to say that the arcticcat moutain cat 1,000 is the baddest sled there is m opion

Old 02-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BryceGTX
I do realize that the 1000cc doo has great emmisions, but as good as a fuel injected 4-stroke? I can't see it. Exhaust scavenging is still a real issue that can't quite be perfected because of the design of the 2-stroke engine.
Hey guys, all you have to do in a two stroke to solve this problem is to not let the fuel go out the exhaust. There are two ways to do this and Bombardier has done both. The first way is to use direct injection to inject the fuel after the piston closes off the exhaust port. Seadoo did this on the 951 DI. The second way is to carefully time the injection so the fuel is injected into the trasfer port just before the piston closes so that it has little chance to make it out the exhaust port. Skidoo does this with SDI and Polaris is now doing it with clean fire on the 700 and 900. The disadvantage of the DI is that it requires a high pressure pump. The SDI/clean fire are very simple and only require moving the injectors from the throttle body to the transfer port.
I hope this explains it a little better.
BryceGTX
Great info Bryce!!! I've been away from the sled market for a couple years.. (Man, things happen so fast in that market)
I'll be looking into these more as time goes on!

Thanks for your input!

Old 02-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys. I went up to Yamafest up in G-aylord MI this weekend. I rode the 2005 RX-1, the RS Vector and the RS Rage. First I got to say, the GRIN factor on the RX-1 was definitely the highest of the bunch!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I had all three up to 95mph and the RX-1 had no problem making it to the centry mark in very short order (faster than my GTs). It did not feel at all like a heavy sled. LOL, I know heavy. My GT SE 700s are 640 pounds: fast but heavy. The next most fun sled was the RS Vector. At 120hp, the RS Vector felt only slightly slower than my GTs. And again, it did not feel heavy. The RS Rage was maybe the smoothest at hi speed, probably due to the long track. All three sleds were great over the bumps, with the RX-1 taking first place. Cornering was probably best with the the RX-1, second was the Rage. The RS vector felt light on the skis and they couldn't hold the corners. It felt like a light ski pressure problem. Think the front springs needed to be bumped up to increase ski pressure.
BryceGTX

Old 02-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Great info Bryce!!! I've been away from the sled market for a couple years.. (Man, things happen so fast in that market)
Hey Duneaddict. You have to try riding a REV. They are not like any other sled. LOL, They are more quad-like than any sled. My wife has picked a GSX as her next sled. We demo rode a 600 SDI GSX also. I still need to see the 2006 Polaris sleds. Demo rides are March 19. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Quick Reply: bad A** SNOWMOBILE