Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

the awesome one piston banshee!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2000, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put my banshee together with one piston, bad idea? the cyl without the piston does not have a rod or anything, think Ill mess up the crank? It seemd ok, reallllly low compression but I started it up and stalled it cuz I was gonna take out my buddie, it acutally had a bunch of nut for one piston. I wanted to test the crank to see if it was tweaked, I figured when I tried to start it if the crank was messed it would have siezed? it diddnt! anyways, will this seriously mess up the machine or should I just "giva hell"? JUST CALL ME ONE PISTON BANSHEE!!lol!

Old 09-22-2000, 11:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why dont you invest in another piston?

The way your machine is lubricated is with the oil in the fuel. And what swirles and sucks the fuel is the pistons. The only hurt is possibly a lubrication problem to the crank.

Old 09-23-2000, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

I am not going to run it like that I just wanted to try it out.. dont have the cash right now to dump into it., I was bored so I figured Id give it a try. I thought ya'll would get a kick out of that. I thought it was pretty funny. It actually started up, for a second.. my buddie was pullin me with his lakota, jumped it in second and almost took him out.. my clutch is slipping so when I put the brakes on it stalled. I think it would have ran but I diddnt want to mess it up too bad.. Figured what the heck, cant get messed up any more than it already is!

Old 09-23-2000, 05:20 AM
Pro Rider

Broke how much did you spend to get this hand grenade? I just picked up a 97 Banshee for one of my girlfriends for 3100 with less than 40 hours on it.

Old 09-23-2000, 10:45 AM
Range Rover

Man ! Where did you score that sweet custom seat cover? J/K! I am in the process of cleaning up all my old take off oem parts to move this crapola into my new work shop. I know I still have my stock head. It is mint condition. I took it off after I had my bike for about a a month to put on a coolhead. I have other stuff too. As a fellow humanatarian, I will sell you what you need pretty cheap. E-mail me with some things you need and when I go through this stuff I will see what I have for you. I can take pics of what ever you want and send them to you. Or you could by my banshee and be done! LATER

Old 09-23-2000, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

I paid $2500 for this piece of crap.. got the shaft..

Old 09-23-2000, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't tried with only one piston, but I can tell you it works "fine" with only one cylinder running. That's what saved 20km of walk with Mx boots (try this at home, kids, it sucks) when a spark plug decided that she had done her part of the job. That was enough. Once home, she discovered the wonderful world of the garbage (along with her girlfriend).
A banshee works on one cylinder! I just isn't powerful, it doesn't want to take rpm, but works. With all parts mounted though. I didn't take off cyl and heads, just to try...

Have fun with your banshee, don't worry, once you'll have it running, it's gonna be a thrill!

Old 09-25-2000, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

The strangest thing happened today.. Went to my buddies house to move my banshee to my other buddies house... rolled it out of the garage, sat on it.. fooling around I kicked it, it fired... kicked it again and WIIINNNNNNGGGGG WWWWIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG WWWWWIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG she started right up! I have never seen such a sight.. Amazed I turned it off, looked at my friends and said "did you guys see that??!!" kicked it over again,, started right up.. sounded better than when I bought it!.. so now I am on a mission to find a good pair of used pistons and a connecting rod and Im throwin that sucker together and givina hell! lol! It ran great with one scratched to heck piston/cylinder and no piston in the other side.. no head gasket.. insane.. this thing truly is a monster. Its all taken apart now.. gettin ready for the big rebuild. I love it!