Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Something is wrong, Griz 660

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something is wrong, Griz 660

Okay I got a Griz 660 04 ran great in stock form with 27" tires. Added new HMF slip on and jetting that came with,175 mainjet,also k&n air filter, now its not as strong on the bottom end and from mid to top sputters most of the time. When in neutral at half throttle she will start to break down. I also adjusted the idle fuel screw to 2.5 turns out as instructed by a HMF tech. Did I miss another adjustment, sounds like its running out of gas in the bowl.This all happenned as soon as I put these mods on.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]any help appreciated.

Old 03-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Range Rover

you could have carb prob or need do do somthing with the jets o and the srcew on the card one idleones gas if the carbs not getting the gas flow it need its not going to run right i know with 2 stroke you can blow the engine up

Old 03-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Upon further investigation I found the gasket that you glue to the air box for the k&n filter had been pushed a little out of shape ,I was thinking maybe it was sucking and running lean. I tried to pull it out and ripped the freakin gasket oh well, then bam another brain storm, I tried the stock air filter and problem solved runs good it should run a little rich with this filter,well til I get another gasket for the k&n this should be fine.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

OGGYDOGGY, this may be a little redneck of me, but I had the same problem with the gasket. I took it off of the filter and removed the gasket from my stock filter, glued it to the K&N and it fit fine. It has worked good since I did it. I have yet to get into the jetting and stuff, but I do have airbox plug filters and the powertip from ebay. It runs good, so I think I will leave it alone. Good luck with all that.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WyoBullRydr
OGGYDOGGY, this may be a little redneck of me, but I had the same problem with the gasket. I took it off of the filter and removed the gasket from my stock filter, glued it to the K&N and it fit fine. It has worked good since I did it. I have yet to get into the jetting and stuff, but I do have airbox plug filters and the powertip from ebay. It runs good, so I think I will leave it alone. Good luck with all that.
WyoBullRydr,
Its funny that you say that I was gonna do the same thing, but did not want to mess up the stock filter. It actually runs pretty good with the stock filter and 175 main jet in , with the Hmf slip on this maybe ok for the winter. Although I just wrote K&N and notified them of this problem. I also asked for a few new gaskets, hopefully they will send them I will make them thinner and try installation again. Its nice to know that im not the only one with this problem . Thanks for the input. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Did your stuff come with the full jet kit, or just a 175 main? I got mine with the Dynojet kit which had 5 different size main jets, a needle, and springs. I just went by the instructions in the dynojet box for use with a performance exhaust and everything worked good. 155 main jet, 3.25 turns out on the mixture screw, and needle on the 4rth clip.