Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Spuing oil out the exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spuing oil out the exhaust?

Hey,
I have a 4 stroke bombardier ds650, but my friend chris has just bought a 1996 yamaha blaster. the other day when we went to start it up, it started spuing oil, now i know on 2 strokes thats completly normal, acctually if it doesn't then u got problems, but hes new to the quad world so i figured i'd make the topic for him. anyway he put super tech 2 cycle out board oil in his injector the other day now i didn't think that was the right oil so i posted a topic but from what people are saying it's FINE . but when we start it up it started literally shooting oil like a water gun. we took a rag and put it over the exhaust not covering it but near it and it shot an liquidy oil out, we had it in front of his car and it was about five feet from the car (exhaust-front end of car) just to get an idea and it shot enough oil to get the front of the car wet not soping but driplets.... in my opinion if i were him i would take the oil out and buy yamalube and put that in but he doesn't have to much money. do you think the oil spuing out like it does is cause by the type of oil in the injector? or is it something else?thank you