Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Possible mods for a 01 Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible mods for a 01 Warrior

I have a 2001 yamaha warrior. Currently i have a DG stage 3 Xcellerator exhaust and pipes, DG front grab bar, Renthal handle bars, and holeshot tires and wheels on the rear. I was just wondering what are the best mods to do to this to make it faster?

Old 03-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Dyna makes a cdi for your year model, excellent gain there. Replacing the stock carb for one with a accelerator pump will also give you a good gain. Anything else would be motor work or suspension work which would be quite pricey.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

depends on what you want to spend but say for $100 magicracing has a power kit that includes a jet kit, K&N filter and outerwear filter cover and a filter cleaner kit

Old 03-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Boxhead
Dyna makes a cdi for your year model, excellent gain there. Replacing the stock carb for one with a accelerator pump will also give you a good gain. Anything else would be motor work or suspension work which would be quite pricey.
What would be the price range for those mods?

Old 03-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Gte a pro flow kit.. cuz teh stock air filter is very restrictive.. and get it jetted. Also, the stock warrior shocks suck.. and you should get any year raptor/yfz fronts and an 01 raptor monoshock. those work well...

Old 03-31-2005, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

The edel carb is 375 or so and the dyna 420 or so. Nothing is cheap in the atv world, dam shame! The white bros carbs are a bit cheaper, but offer a bit less power and aren't tuned quite as easily, just be sure to get one with a accelerator pump on it since they offer some without it. The engine mods are a bit cheaper but you have to do the motor work yourself, which can be quite time consuming and frusterating if you don't have the tools for the job and it's your first time doing a top end rebuild. DON'T get the yfz shocks, they will be too stiff and damage the ball joints on your arms if they aren't extended aftermarket ones. The rappy is quite a bit narrower and should be much more compatible.

Old 03-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Boxhead you have never lead me in the wrong direction..untill now.....The YFZ shocks are umpteen million times better than stock..I know you never said there werent, but if set the preload to zero and then do some fine tuning the YFZ shock will perform better than a Rappy shock.

BTW I have the YFZ shocks mounted up to my Warrior..pics will come in a few days.

Only time will tell just how bad the YFZ shocks will wear on our ball joints..alot of us have them on our Warriors..ina few months (years?) we may be sadened that we didnt listen to you or anyone else that said this is going to happen.

Old 03-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

i have that dyna box and i think i picked it up for around 350 or so but it's worth it....to me it's the most bang for the buck you can tell a big difference

Old 04-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

I know they will definately perform better, I'm just saying the rappy shock will put less stress on your ball joints. I've seen quite a few pics of yfz shocks on warriors, maybe the riders are tards, but the wheels were put on a very nasty angle from the shocks being too stiff. I don't like to take risks ever when it comes to parts breaking, especially when I'm 11 hours away from home and nowhere near a dealer that can give me ball joints. I simply just don't want that to happen to someone and then have them pi$$ed off at me for telling them to buy a pair of shocks that don't quite fit right. I would rather deal with a little less performance than take the risk of parts breaking, it always sucks to be with your friends with your quad unrideable! As for the dyna that thing really made my top end rip!!!