Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I have still not found a 4 stroke with the powerband of a banshee ! Have You?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have still not found a 4 stroke with the powerband of a banshee ! Have You?!

Originally posted by: DesertViper
That two stroke hit is mighty addicting, that's for sure. I desert raced two stroke dirt bikes for years before switching to ATVs. But even after riding big four stroke ATVs for a few years I could not get used to a four stroke dirt bike to save my life. I bought a 2005 250F, and returned it to the dealer a month later and traded it on a 2005 YZ250. The "F" just did NOT feel the way a bike was supposed to feel, not even close. But after just one twist of the throttle on the YZ I knew I had re-found what I was looking for. My dealer said he sees that all the time, namely, people that have ridden two strokes for years, and then purchase a four stroke, only to end up thinking "this thing is a gutless wonder", and switching back to a two stroke. So I suppose it depends on what you are used to, and what you are expecting. If you have ridden a Banshee for years you will never find another ATV to replace that two stroke hit, because nobody makes that ATV. It is going to be a sad day for us two stroke addicts when the two stroke finally goes the way of the Dodo bird.
Ive heard they have plans to use them in those little micro cars they use overseas. Perhaps the technology they use to make them clean will allow them to make cheap clean recreational motors. Also, would be kinda fun to have a little ugly go kart type car with a modded out two stroke in it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Be like: stock hp 65, modded hp. 180. What I wouldnt give to see a micro car do a rolling burnout wheelie.

Old 04-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default I have still not found a 4 stroke with the powerband of a banshee ! Have You?!

i have found one, the breeze. when you hit the powerband on those they'll dislocate your shoulders.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a Husaberg dirt bike and that had a pretty good hit, more so than I've felt on any other 4 stroke.

Old 04-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
The only 4 stroke I have ridden that had a powerband like a 2 stroke was the YFZ450, it really gets it for a 4 stroke.
That was my impression too the first time I rode a YFZ450. The midrange hit felt like a 2-stroke, yet it still had way more bottom end than any other 2-stroke I've ever owned or ridden.

Now with the DR D in place, airbox lid removed, and re-jetted, it still has a midrange hit, but it now has a TON more torque and bottom end! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]