Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

diesal atv's?? is it possible???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diesal atv's?? is it possible???

Chuck 1 I agree with your last post thousand percent. I envy your D-max and wish I could afford the 50k price tag. You must love getting 22mpg with a truck putting out that much power. I will have to be happy with my 6.5. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And no, I don't want to drag race my 6.5 against your 6.6. I know what the outcome will be.) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

2bulls78 I have never heard of an iron head D-max. I know the big top-kicks are the same 6.6 as the 2500 series pick-ups. The only difference is they jack up the bigger series engines a touch; or so I have been told.

Old 04-09-2005, 05:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think all the guys bashing diesel engines need to take a ride in a setup F250/F350 Powerstroke... or race one and see what white AND black smoke tastes like. If you do beat the truck, you got to deal with an sore sport with a 9 ton hitch. I have seen 4-door 8 foot-bed LIFTED F350 trucks pulling 11 second runs.

Old 04-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Warrior3155
I think all the guys bashing diesel engines need to take a ride in a setup F250/F350 Powerstroke... or race one and see what white AND black smoke tastes like. If you do beat the truck, you got to deal with an sore sport with a 9 ton hitch. I have seen 4-door 8 foot-bed LIFTED F350 trucks pulling 11 second runs.

LMAO, first of all; if someone is "racing" a diesel............They are a moreon!!!!!! Diesels are for WORK, POINT BLANK, NO Exceptions!!!! Be a cold day in hell before you see a 2010 modle Vet with the latest diesel engine. It is funny to hear you kids and your fast Diesel's, all I can say is you wasted your damn money!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

LMAO, first of all; if someone is "racing" a diesel............They are a moreon!!!!!! Diesels are for WORK, POINT BLANK, NO Exceptions!!!!
Thats like saying Honda V-tecs are only used for economy/cheap cars. Just because you can't aford a diesel truck doesn't mean other people can't race them. There are people out there racing full sized semi trucks while others have Honda Civics pushing 250+hp. Some people don't enjoy having their truck sound like every truck on the road. Guys throw on some headers on and a set of stright pipes to get some sound.. it all sounds the same after a while.

Here's a video thats been around for a while:
F350 Drag

Is this the fastest thing ever? no.. but for anyone who uses the saying "get-r-done" more than five times a day, its their kind of truck.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash

LMAO, first of all; if someone is "racing" a diesel............They are a moreon!!!!!! Diesels are for WORK, POINT BLANK, NO Exceptions!!!! Be a cold day in hell before you see a 2010 modle Vet with the latest diesel engine. It is funny to hear you kids and your fast Diesel's, all I can say is you wasted your damn money!!!!!!!!!!!
obiously you are a moron. because on the same page as the above listed video it shows a viper being smoked by a diesel pickup

Old 04-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

o yeah, bring your winter jacket to hell.

Old 04-12-2005, 02:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBearFX
Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash

obiously you are a moron. because on the same page as the above listed video it shows a viper being smoked by a diesel pickup
Hey when you get old enough to buy a pickup, THEN talk to me.............I didn't say it was not possible. Pay attention to the part that said "you Kids!" Take that same money you put into that diesel and put it in a gaser, and what do you get??? Gas is faster foir cheaper, IF you buy a Diesel engine just to be "FAST" your a j@ck@ss!

Old 04-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Range Rover

diesal atvs are possible b/c yes I have seen one in fact today i saw one a Kubota 900 diesal construction workers and contractors use them they are slow and they even have powersteering so I hope this answers the orginal question

Old 04-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Thank you Martino for getting this thread back on track!

Yes, ATV's can be outfitted with a diesel, but I wouldn't want to put it through a rear sprocket (keep it shaft); the military diesel bike uses a huge rear sprocket that is twice the size of the gas model. That would cause ground clearance problems with a quad.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

My only question with respect to the military quads is why put such a huge rear sproket on something that produces enormous torque already?? Would make more sense to put the huge sprocket on the gas quad to better utilize the torque it's able to produce ...

Quick Reply: diesal atv's?? is it possible???