Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

to YFZ or not and keepthe raptor..

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to YFZ or not and keepthe raptor..

Well the time has come once again for me to make a desicion.. to keep the Raptor w/ pipe and all the goodies or sell and get a YFZ? im 16 will be 17 this summer 165lbs and i like to ride hard, buddys have z400, raptor and yfz450 which i rode for the first time today.. had gytr pipe, cam timing all that good stuff and i loved the power and way it handled but not sure if i should give up the raptor and get one or not.. i do some racing, alot of MX riding at the parks and some trails and not sure if i want a yfz w/ no reverse.. any comments would be great..

also what is my raptor worth?

Old 04-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

unbelievable...u ride a yfz so now u automatically have to decide whether or not to buy one? okay lets get serious ur only asking us this because u rode one

Old 04-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a faster and better handling machine, get the yfz instead of spending 3k on engine and suspension upgrades. If you are just acting on a whim, the raptor is a great bike and I wouldnt replace it quite so quick.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

I just sold my raptor about 3 weeks ago and got a yfz 450 2 weeks ago and yes the yfz was a better choice more power off the line less tippy and rides alot better if you ask me.

Old 04-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

well ive been looking at the yfz for a yr or so now.. since last winter.. but then when i was going to get one last summer, my warrior blew the motor and needed a quad so i bought the raptor off my father for about nouthing.. just had to take over the payments. But yesterday was the first time i really got to ride a yfz and just loved the power.. even though it wasnt stock.. riding a raptor for an hr.. then hoping on a yfz was like night and day.. i just think now might be the time to get one..

Old 04-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Come on now, the raptor isnt that bad. Get rear spacers, and flip your front rims and bam, no more tippienss and it looks sick. Power, sure the new little 450 rips, its quick. I wouldnt give up the raptor tho. i just put yfz shocks on it, they are a lot better for jumps and its a lot stiffer so it doesnt dive as much. I cant tell you the truth about $ for $ who will be faster, all i know is when i just had a slip on, i got beat pretty bad by a yfz with a gyt-r slip on, and a gyt-r filter. it got a good 3 length lead, and thats where we sat the rest of the race.

I love the raptor and think its fun to make it better. Cost is a big factor, and it takes a lot. I cant wait to see my raptor a year from now. Rethink your hasty decision about how terrible the raptor is, and how amazing the yfz is. ---Rider1169

Old 04-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

the people who say the raptor is tippy are the people that dont know how to ride it.....i mean the yfz is obvioulsy gonna handle twice as good because its set up for MX but in the woods it would be eating raptor dust

Old 04-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Range Rover

keep it keep it keep it keep it. Finish paying for it, then do what i do, get another loan and you can have BOTH!! wow

Old 04-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Range Rover

oh and if you are too young to get a loan and have no credit, get your mom or dad or someone who trusts you with credit to co-sign, gotta start somehow.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

parents r co-signin a loan, i cant afford to have both.. i love the raptor but idk if it worth puttin 1200 bucks into the suspension/motor to get a lil more zippyness o well... i guess it comes down to want the parents think, and how much a yfz is going to cost and what i can get them to throw in for free

Quick Reply: to YFZ or not and keepthe raptor..