Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dissapointed raptor owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 12:15 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dissapointed raptor owner

Freez has a point, you don't have anything to lose...
And freez, would you mind sending me those instructions? My raptors down for a couple days becasue im waiting for a new front sprocket and id like to try it...thanks

Old 04-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Freez really has a good point about levels being the correct level and setting but as one who has did about everything to bikes and ATV this is quite entertaining his concept to think about it. Nice try Freez...

Old 04-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

you can find the instructions on the blue traxx fourm, just go to blue traxx.com and then fourm then raptor, then"Clear tube method explained" sticky, i did it, and VERY good results, thank you alot Freez your truely a great guy and know what your doing! free HP!

Old 04-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

Thx Ben, your a typical 14 year old, thx for putting fuel on his fire.

Old 04-18-2005, 04:22 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, how about I take you a bet. Come on, why don't you just try it. Scared I will teach you something about carbs? Then come back to this forum and let’s see your feedback. Some of the other guys on here are also going to try it, and I would love to hear from them.

I know I am right here. 15 raptors that I personally did on the dyno do not lie. The other guys that did it also found the same results.

So, take my challenge, and do those mods to your wife’s raptor. Come back to us. You either going to do one of 3 things. Admit I am right (if you have the guts), lie about it and never try it, or just don’t come back, because I know I am 100% correct here. That I can promise you. So you chicken, mister DS???? Scared a little raptor might teach you something?

And 86LT250RFatty, glad you liked it. Some people on here seems to be to old to want to learn new tricks. If you have not tried, it, DON'T comment.

Old 04-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider

Freez, Freez, Freez, you have to understand were I'm coming from. I have seen everything in this 2 1/2 Decades of mad ATV HP find. Everyone wants to pinch every hp out of a motor at any cost and most can be done buy losing a few pounds yourself. Freez been around many years most just like yourself thinks by changing your oil you will get a extra 2 hp. Friend your funny, keep bumping up the HP and we will keep laughing and pointing. My DS maybe I can get a extra 5hp by changing the frt shocks? What you think?

Old 04-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Freez, the float level is the starting point for correct carb setup and every part of the carb is effected by it except for maybe the idle curcuit. The Raptor is known for coming from the factory with to high of float level.

If you have 15 hrs. on the Raptor you need to adjust the valves, the intakes are probably tight.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, sixsixt, you have been around for a bit longer than me and actually got me to try all the different float settings and to mess around with the carbs. As far as I know you like to run the floats around 2mm above the split, where I use 3mm. Sixsixt and I don’t always agree on things and have lots of discussions, but when it comes to float levels we speak the same langue.

So, mr DS, it seems I am gathering support here. Still to stubborn to try it I see.

It takes around an hour if you know your way around carbs, as you say you do. Should be a breeze, so come on, the bet is still on here. What you got to loose?

You will notice two things when you’re done. Throttle response is way better and when you ride it, you can feel the motor pull harder for longer.

Carbs changed a little since you started 2 1/2 decades ago, maybe you need to take a little refresher course.

Old 04-19-2005, 05:38 AM
Pro Rider

C'mon HuskerJim!
Give it a try and let us know what you think! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2fun
C'mon HuskerJim!
Give it a try and let us know what you think! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
you guys are nuts whew we have all kinds on here!

Quick Reply: Dissapointed raptor owner