Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

spockets

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spockets

I have a stock raptor 660 and i am new and need advice on some sprockets. Whats is stock size for front and rear? My rear spocket is getting pointny and i heard that means time for a new one. was thinking of changing the amount of tooth for better trail riding? What would some suggestions be? I allready wheelie like it's going out of style on hill just want a little more low end for getting thru the mud when i have to but don't want to get to crazy on the wheelies for going up hills? Where would you recfcomend buying it to for the best prices. I see lowering kits on ebay but does that lower the suspension or the body. I want to keep the same ground clearence but lower the center of gravity down for going up hill and not rolling over like i have done allready. just need to get rid of the tipsy feeling. let me know any adivice would be great. also i have a sputer problem it bogs out sometimes.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Range Rover
Default spockets

Stock is 13/40. Im going to a 12 tooth, for kicks and giggles casue my stock one went south, should be done tomorrow. It lowers you top end a bit...but makes up for it on the trails with low end..if you want my verdict with it on, PM me sometiume tomrrow, and ill get back to you. The lowering kits lower the suspension, so there will be less ground clearence. One thing to look into if you want better handling and less tippyness is extened A-Arms and a wider axle, but those can be expensive but they improve durability and handling dramitically. If you cant afford those, you might be able to get by with wheel spacers. For you sputtering thing, please explain better...

Old 04-18-2005, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default spockets

I have no 660 rap but i do have a 350 rap and i went to a 12 on front and i love it i didnt see that big of a diff on top end loss but bottom end is 70%better its worth the change go for it im thinking of even going lower my stock is 13/38 im about to go with a 40 on back for a lil more bottom [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but as i said go for it you will love it . And as for places to buy sprokets go to rockymountain they have great prices i got my front 12 for 6 bucks and have had no probs with it its holding up well it made by primary drive .