Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ATV accident - no helmet

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005 | 03:06 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default ATV accident - no helmet

Tragic death where I ride frequently. Gentleman wasn't wearing a helmet.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Calgar...01840-sun.html

Old 04-20-2005 | 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Thats why I always wear my helmet!

Old 04-20-2005 | 07:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wouldnt even think of not wearing a hemit on the banshee or on any other light high performance machine , I dont wear a helmet out hunting on the utilitys but I dont go over 5mph , but maby i should start !

Old 04-20-2005 | 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

I agree like I said, but I also do not wear a helmet when hunting. But like Trailblazer guy said, You dont go fast when you are hunting.

Old 04-20-2005 | 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Instantly? Must have broken his neck. That isn't exactly instantaneous, though. A helmet will help if you land on your head, but the few guys I know that have been hurt were victims of the back rack. One of 'em lost his spleen to the accident, another just got a sore back. I just got a wheeler the other day that literally had these 7-8 in long bars sticking up above the rack. I removed those kidney killers, pronto.

Old 04-21-2005 | 11:04 AM
Range Rover

That sucks to hear of someone dying on an atv. He was going down a hill when it flipped...must have hit something protruding from the trail or the front brakes but that is why I wear a helmt even if I drive my Raptor in my front yard. If yall ever lose a friend to an atv accident you will learn... I know I did.

Old 04-21-2005 | 11:41 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

My motto: Dress for the crash not the ride. I cover my self from head to toe unless Im riding my minitrail to the porta potty.

Old 04-21-2005 | 12:14 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

The article said that it was not determined if the victim was wearing a helemt. While I always wear my helmet, I know that there are instances where my helmet may not save my life. Knowing your limits and teh quads limits may save your life more than anything else. I always hate to hear about someone losing they life on a quad. Prayers go out to that family.

Old 04-21-2005 | 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

The article said that it was not determined if the victim was wearing a helemt.
It said :

Police have identified a man killed in a weekend ATV crash. Mounties said Randy Fowler, 22, of Longview, died of injuries he sustained while riding an all-terrain vehicle near Waiparous, about 60 km northwest of Calgary.

Fowler was riding the vehicle down a steep incline about 2:30 p.m. Saturday when it flipped over, killing him instantly.

Police said he was not wearing a helmet at the time, but Cochrane RCMP were not available yesterday to say if that was a factor in the man's death.

The incident is still under investigation.

They said "but Cochrane RCMP were not available yesterday to say if that was a factor in the man's death." not they wernt sure if he was wearing a helment or not!

Prayers to the family!

Old 04-21-2005 | 01:04 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: reliv007
The article said that it was not determined if the victim was wearing a helemt.
It said :

Police have identified a man killed in a weekend ATV crash. Mounties said Randy Fowler, 22, of Longview, died of injuries he sustained while riding an all-terrain vehicle near Waiparous, about 60 km northwest of Calgary.

Fowler was riding the vehicle down a steep incline about 2:30 p.m. Saturday when it flipped over, killing him instantly.

Police said he was not wearing a helmet at the time, but Cochrane RCMP were not available yesterday to say if that was a factor in the man's death.

The incident is still under investigation.

They said "but Cochrane RCMP were not available yesterday to say if that was a factor in the man's death." not they wernt sure if he was wearing a helment or not!

Prayers to the family!

Well sorrrry I mis-stated the article. Hopefully you wear your helmet while riding bitch on your buddies quad. LMAO!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ATV accident - no helmet