Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CrayCraft Racing has one bad ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CrayCraft Racing has one bad ride

Originally posted by: CoyoteRiverRaptor
1Bad, I usually don't play the builder against builder crap.

My bike is Kenz built 727 on gasoline, I still own it, it is faster most with a similiar build and I ride it in the dunes.

You need to do better than a I got a Craycraft "secret info" muffler bearing to impress me.

The secret to the power my bike makes isn't even a secret. Theres no club?

This guy (Ken) never rests and spends all night, most every night porting and dyno testing.

I gave the guy a positive comment on his bike, in fact I took it to an even higher level.

You got a problem with that?
I didnt see a problem until you posted this reply.....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Exactley raptorowner, i never brought up Craycraft in my post just stated that dollar was fast....

Old 04-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BADRAPTOR
Exactley raptorowner, i never brought up Craycraft in my post just stated that dollar was fast....
Yeah I know, its getting to be an epidemic, these kids these days cant stay off the dope.

Old 04-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

pot isnt dope.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Range Rover

I’ve given props to Dollar on his bike long before this thread.

Everybody has different opinions about style and what makes a certain bike look good.

In my opinion Dollar has one of best looking Raptors I’ve ever seen. Yes, better looking than my own bike. I also really like the latest revision of UBETRUN’s bike. Both of these bikes deserve the pride from their owners as well as the many Raptor owners out there.

A lot of people are very protective of the nature of their bikes build, what was put into it and of course the output. Did they get what they paid for?

People on several forums are more than a little edgy about the upcoming races in June.

1Bad has taken up issues with me before this thread. In this thread he felt that I slighted Dollars bike and how fast it is. Fast is a combination of power, set up and rider.

When Ken originally built my motor last year I asked for a bike that had good throttle response because it is a dune bike. It is one of the mildest 727s that Ken has built. Well, it put out 58HP and had gobs of torque. After several month’s I put LTE pipes and the X-4 cam in it. It now puts out 65 HP with gobs of torque. I’m waiting for the slow summer months to take it back to Ken for better porting. It should then be in the 70 plus hp range.

The gauge that I have for a Craycraft bike is UBETRUNS dyno run. That dyno run looks just like mine. Is Dollars bike faster? Does it put out more HP? I’m sure both are good riders and have their bikes set up to perfection?

I don’t know, everything associated with a Craycraft build bike is a secret?

I even said in my first post that “I’m sure it is fast”. I’m not so sure I should pay homage to how fast a bike is until I know how fast it is. This bike may not be as fast as my bike. This guy doesn’t even own a Raptor anymore.

I’m usually impressed by bikes like RAPFAMS dads bike and RAPFAMS sisters bike. From what I know his dads bike it is still in the same original build configuration and kicking butt on all the new builds. His sisters bike was built out of spare parts and RAPFAMs keen eye for detail. That is hot rodding at its finest.

Oh and since we are on the subject of hot rods and going fast, RaptorOwner your from Bakersfield? Perhaps you have heard of Edwards Air Force Base. When I retired from the Air Force I was the Chief of Maintenance their for the fighters and bombers, You know the place where the space shuttle lands. Well my guys fixed the F-22s, F-16, F-15 and B-1’s. I also managed the MX track on base in my off-duty time. The factory teams Honda and Yamaha would like to bring riders like Ricky out after one of our race weekends to privately test suspensions set ups on our post race rutted up track.

Oh, and if your ever over in Palmdale at the LACR MX (the place where they test all the dirt bikes and quads for the magazines) track tell Jack the Chief from Edwards says hi. He will smile, because every year we would negotiate the next years race schedule over a six pack.

Oh, I’ve also flown super sonic in an F-16.

But noooooooooooooooo, you two punks are the formost authority on going fast? Give me a break.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

But noooooooooooooooo, you two punks are the formost authority on going fast? Give me a break.
Your post was going ok until you put that on, now what did I do.....???? LMAOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

I’ve given props to Dollar on his bike long before this thread.

Everybody has different opinions about style and what makes a certain bike look good.

In my opinion Dollar has one of best looking Raptors I’ve ever seen. Yes, better looking than my own bike. I also really like the latest revision of UBETRUN’s bike. Both of these bikes deserve the pride from their owners as well as the many Raptor owners out there.

A lot of people are very protective of the nature of their bikes build, what was put into it and of course the output. Did they get what they paid for?

People on several forums are more than a little edgy about the upcoming races in June.

1Bad has taken up issues with me before this thread. In this thread he felt that I slighted Dollars bike and how fast it is. Fast is a combination of power, set up and rider.

When Ken originally built my motor last year I asked for a bike that had good throttle response because it is a dune bike. It is one of the mildest 727s that Ken has built. Well, it put out 58HP and had gobs of torque. After several month’s I put LTE pipes and the X-4 cam in it. It now puts out 65 HP with gobs of torque. I’m waiting for the slow summer months to take it back to Ken for better porting. It should then be in the 70 plus hp range.

The gauge that I have for a Craycraft bike is UBETRUNS dyno run. That dyno run looks just like mine. Is Dollars bike faster? Does it put out more HP? I’m sure both are good riders and have their bikes set up to perfection?

I don’t know, everything associated with a Craycraft build bike is a secret?

I even said in my first post that “I’m sure it is fast”. I’m not so sure I should pay homage to how fast a bike is until I know how fast it is. This bike may not be as fast as my bike. This guy doesn’t even own a Raptor anymore.

I’m usually impressed by bikes like RAPFAMS dads bike and RAPFAMS sisters bike. From what I know his dads bike it is still in the same original build configuration and kicking butt on all the new builds. His sisters bike was built out of spare parts and RAPFAMs keen eye for detail. That is hot rodding at its finest.

Oh and since we are on the subject of hot rods and going fast, RaptorOwner your from Bakersfield? Perhaps you have heard of Edwards Air Force Base. When I retired from the Air Force I was the Chief of Maintenance their for the fighters and bombers, You know the place where the space shuttle lands. Well my guys fixed the F-22s, F-16, F-15 and B-1’s. I also managed the MX track on base in my off-duty time. The factory teams Honda and Yamaha would like to bring riders like Ricky out after one of our race weekends to privately test suspensions set ups on our post race rutted up track.

Oh, and if your ever over in Palmdale at the LACR MX (the place where they test all the dirt bikes and quads for the magazines) track tell Jack the Chief from Edwards says hi. He will smile, because every year we would negotiate the next years race schedule over a six pack.

Oh, I’ve also flown super sonic in an F-16.

Let me make this short and sweet...I dont give a ****!!!!

I guess when you get KENZ work done you get an attitude with it..Your looking way too much into this dude take a chill pill or go fly a jet or something..LOL

Old 04-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

DollarBillz!
Ernie660R!

Me Too! Me Too! I want to ride it! I will even let you two ride my Red Rincon in the pits.....how can you pass up an offer like that?

Old 04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, lets put this to rest. Craycraft and Kenz will be the first to tell you dyno numbers are just that DYNO NUMBERS. You don't race dyno's, there could be 10 rwhp difference between Kenz's dyno and the one Craycraft uses. So What!!!

What matters is who gets to the finish line first.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Ernie! Ernie! Ernie! That is what I am trying to tell you and Dollar. I want to get there first on your bikes!!! Gotta, Gotta, Gotta...

P.S. Any of your crew going to the dunes any time soon? When are the Nationals this year?

Quick Reply: CrayCraft Racing has one bad ride