Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WHO WANTS 2strokes back??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHO WANTS 2strokes back??

I think we should get together as many people to help petition to the major companies that we want new 2stroke quads and even dirtbikes for the future. its probably fruitless but how many people would sign a petition saying that they would be interested in buying new two-stroke designs. Maybe If we were to get enough signatures and present our information to the companies they might realize what a large group of people will not simply switch to 4 strokes but will keep rebuilding their archaic 2strokes until the day they die. I know I will

Old 04-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CTATV
I think we should get together as many people to help petition to the major companies that we want new 2stroke quads and even dirtbikes for the future. its probably fruitless but how many people would sign a petition saying that they would be interested in buying new two-stroke designs. Maybe If we were to get enough signatures and present our information to the companies they might realize what a large group of people will not simply switch to 4 strokes but will keep rebuilding their archaic 2strokes until the day they die. I know I will
Good luck, the damage has already been done...Two strokes are the past i'm sorry to say. You can get a petition of a million signatures but that's not gonna get Yamaha to invest millions of more dollars to get their two stroke engines more efficient and pass emissions tests.Trust me i'm a die hard two stroke rider and will ride my two stroker until there are no parts to replace it, but the thumpers are the new thing and we can do nothing about it.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

300 gasgas my freind!i know no one that owns one that has been dissapointed.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

well i ride a four stroke i dont care

Old 04-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd sign one.

I don;t really buy into the emissions aspect though. theres two stroke outboards that burn almost 100% of the oil using oil injection. remember as well with a 4 stroke the oil has to be changed and then you have to deal with disposal of it. atleast in the south I know there are people that dig holes in there yard and just barry it. this is probable worse then 100 oil injected two strokes running around.

I think the industry has just been moving 4 strokes with utilitys lately and its easier to build motors with interchangable parts.

just my 2 cents. as you see outboards and snow mobiles are staying 2 and will prbable be that way for a minute. primarily becuase most people use them and want two stroke boats and snowmobiles. a 4 stroke mercury verata(spelling) may be able to outrun a comparable two stroke, however its about twice as much for the motor and has a supercharger.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

i dont own a 2 stroke quad. but man those 2 strokes kick some bootie on the water.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

the guy right here wants them back so bad, and **** those mothers of environazi's better not take away the 2 stroke bikes.....ohhhh thats sooo cruel...

Old 04-28-2005, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Real men ride 4 strokes...always have. Real motors have valves...always will. Get over it guys...The days of two smokers are gone. Noisy and stinky and burn way to much fuel....Sorry...I just had to get that off my chest. I'm tired of being all politically correct and **** anymore and I'm tired of all my friends saying that some day their 2 smokers will be as fast as my 4 stroke. Vids of me on my 4 stroke.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

it frustrates me so much that they clearly can make clean two strokes but they still dont do it. If they went back to making two stroke quads they would tare apart the YFZs and 450r's

Old 04-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

The cost of a emissions legal 2 stoke quad would be way to much. People will pay for 2 stroke outboards and even sleds to a point.

" Real men ride 4 strokes...always have." ....................nah just those willing to settle for a power stroke every 2 crank revolutions, men that want it all go for a power stroke every crank revolution.

Quick Reply: WHO WANTS 2strokes back??