Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what do people get out of stealing stuff!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do people get out of stealing stuff!!!!

I rank a thief up there with a rapist and murderer.

Old 05-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Range Rover

I just skimmed through the posts for this topic, but have any of you thought about insurance on your quads? Here in Arkansas, my parents and I are both insured through State Farm. I think I pay around $5-$7 a month for insurance on the Raptor, and $3-$4 for the Blaster. The Raptor is a high risk quad for being stolen around here. The insurance company told me that the bandits usually part the bike out, and sell the parts, therefore making a profit, and the frames and engine casings are usually found by fisherman. State Farm covers theft, as long as you can show a key when you report the quad stolen. I guess people were scamming the insurance comp too. We have private property signs up in our yard, so if a theif or just a prowler enters, i am going to be shooting. I got a great Remington 870 with buckshot loaded just for these types of problems. Good luck on y'alls searches.
John

Old 05-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

we are lucky that our garage is in the back yard and we just park the 16 foot tailer that is attached to the truck in the front of the door hehe good luck getting threw that...also we got a dead lock and a normal handle lock on the garage and a bar going threw the 2 big garage doors with a lock that is hard enough to get to open so i don't think anyone will be steeling ours bikes...but at our camp we had one of the boat motors stolen from us and we found out who stole it well easy way to explain my dad walked into there house with his tire iron and came out with the boat engine and well nothing was stolen after that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CTATV
Theres not a whole lot you can do if you dont catch them in the act. I keep my garage locked and my mossberg 500 loaded thats about all I can do
i just bought the 500A, pretty nice gun, thinking about putting a palm activated light on it

Old 05-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

I don't know WHAT a thieve gets from stealing.........BUT here's a story from my local area of a CAR THIEVE and what happens when things go SOUTH......
The SOB (car thieve) got everything he deserved and still is in the Hospital in critical condition.......I just hope the prosecuting attorney doesn't charge the 2 guys that where protecting their property........

Sorry to hear about your quad sittingdpbplyr63.....I hope ya get it back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what really sucks is when they break into your home when your away, over 3 grand in electronics dvds cds ,boy does that chaf a persons hide .. new it was some kids because they stole all my teenage daughters cds and left my country ones alone ,, but reaally dumb $hit$ , left $50 bucks sitting on the entertainment center .. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

all i can say is if you do want to go looking for it, not thqat it would help much, start driving around and see who has a trailer in there yard. most people that steel have been in your area, after all they knew you had it. remember to keep your friends close and you enimies closer. talk to your neighbors see if they heard or saw anything out of place at all. at any dealer around let them kno, give then your vin and post it. most dealers have post it boards. if its a unique vehicle it will either up. I hope the best for you.

Old 05-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

im really sorry to hear about that. my uncle had a white Z400 stolen a year or 2 back. what sucked is that they found out who did and and got the cops. the cops were too slow and it was gone before they got around to looking for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] the guy whole stole it stole it for his son (7th grade) and we couldnt do anything about it even tho we knew who did it. the quad was just sitting in the back yard not locked up and with the key inside. partly my uncles fault. could have been protected more. now he has a yfz. hes lucky he didnt catch the guy in the act because if he did my uncle would be in prison for murder.

a couple years ago my grandparents home was broken into while they were at church on Christmas Eve! stole all their Christmas presents and a bunch of firearms including a hand me down shotgun that my dad was going to get. it was worth $4000! some people are just low as can be...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2005, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

What do people get out of stealing stuff????....mainly free stuff. But if I ever catch anyone trying to thieve from me....someones gonna get a free, seriously painful limp for the rest of their lives....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Sorry to read about your stolen Banshee. Someone get a rope....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]