Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

something wrong w/my Banshee????

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2000, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everybody.. Down here in TX, the temperature dropped from Dry and hot, to cold and wet. I got out on my Banshee today to take advantage of the EXTRA GOOD TRACTION.. and I let it idle/rev for around 5 minutes.. Just like your spozed to.. When I felt of the cylinders, they were hot.. So I figured it was time to RIDE! When I pushed it down into 1st, it revved Really high, like the throttle was stuck. So I put it back in neutral.. and let it idle some more.. Then, back into 1st.. same thing.. but I just eased out on the clutch.. and putted around in my yard. It did it again.. So I put it back in neutral.. let it idle down.. and took off again.. I got out my driveway this time.. and clutched it.. Let it rev down.. and this time I took off. I rode down the oil top road in front of our house.. letting it air out in 2nd gear.. I slid around in the ditches.. and then went into our pasture.. I slid around out there for a while in the wet grass.. TOTALLY SOAKED MY PANTS. (and i wondered what the draw backs of cut fenders were) It stopped doing it after that... It has done it 2 times now.. and I was kinda worried.. But I don't really know what was wrong.. Do I need to let it idle longer?? any replies appreciated.. Thanks,

Old 10-07-2000, 10:01 AM
Trailblazer

If it was a slide sticking it would rev real high even when in neutral. I would check the rubber boot at the top of the intake manifold to make sure it is not cracked. Mine did this at the dunes and when I started to give it throttle it would rev really high, but at idle it ran ok. The vibration from the bike would cause the tear in the boot under the boost bottle to open and close.

See if thats it, only thing I could think of.

David Chapman

Old 10-07-2000, 12:13 PM
Trailblazer

it sounds to me like you have an air leak somewhere. A buddys blaster did the same thing.