Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2000 Kodiak 400 good price???

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Kodiak 400 good price???

I've been looking at a 2000 Kodiak 400 4X4 at a local dealer. I saw it when they first took it in on trade and it was rough. Covered in mudd with bald front tires and a ripped seat. They put new tires all around on it, a new seat and cv boots and completely serviced it including a tune up and compression test. All features are functioning properly. I talked to the previous owner and he used it on the farm for his cattle. He said it was serviced regularly and he never had any kind of problem with it. He did say it was starting to use a"little oil"He also said it was used daily on the farm. MY question for you guys is what would be a fair price knowing some of this machines back ground. Of course The dealer has the machine looking real nice now including new Kodiak stickers on the tank. Should I be worried about all the prior use or is this machine bullet proof enough to take a chance on? Thanks

Old 05-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

well i paid $3000 for mine same machine. i put new wheel bearings in left side cv shaft. and new tires.
so if depending on how much they want for it ,if its been gone through with new seat and tires ,i would say ya its worth it but when you say they replaced the cv boots , was there any damage to cv shafts?
as far as my opinion it is a good machine ive plowed snow,gravel and dirt with mine and it never skipped a beat .trail ride ,hunt ,ect.....it has not failed me yet
and mine was used when i got it. you have to give her a test ride ,check out the 4x4 in low and high range my low range has a lot of nutssss..... good luck with what ever you do and like i say if you look on these message boards you dont find a lot of bad mouthing for this machine... so good luck and i'd say buy it....

Old 05-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply, RCNITRO. The dealer was finishing up the servicing this week end and he was going to call. He told me it would be"right around $3000" but did not give me a firm price. Sounds like it would probably be a fair price from what I have heard and read. I am also looking at a Polaris Explore 400 for basically the same price, but I like the yamaha a little better. Thanks