Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

To Blue, or not to Blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2000, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer just called, and the number two guy dropped out, so I get the next Raptor. I was 3 on list and guarunteed a Black and White one, but #2 is Blue, so, do I wait until November for the Black and White? Or Take the Blue next week?

To Blue, or not to Blue, tis the question.

Old 10-09-2000, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

When the Raptor first came out I liked the black & white, but after I seen them both in person I fell in love with the blue one. All I know is that if mine comes in, and it's black & white, I'm still waiting for the blue. The one thing that I like the most about the blue is the blue frame, I think they should have done that to all of their sport quads. They both look bad a** though.

Old 10-09-2000, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer

I am #7 on the list also here in Bloomington Indiana. I just talked to the owner and he said mine might be in today or tomorrow. I to had a blk/wht on order but the next is blue and the blue is just sweet so I am taking the blue and not waiting 2-3 more weeks for blk/wht one.

Old 10-09-2000, 06:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I love the Blue. While I like the color Black, I think the Blue Raptor looks much better and I would wait for Blue if I bought one, assuming I had something to ride in the meantime and wouldn't be missing out on riding season.

Old 10-09-2000, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer

For awhile i was convinced that the blk and silver looked better then the blue until i went to my local dealer and saw the blue one,its just evil looking.Id say go for the blue.You'll die if you wait till November.
Jeff

Old 10-09-2000, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

The Blue looks nice but the black/white/silver looks even better. The stickers are yellow which adds color to the quad. My raptor is black/white. I painted my hubs yellow got rental bars and have yellow nerf bars and yellow shockwears. It looks very good. The wear on the blue will show. If your fender would happen to bend it leaves a white crease in it that you can't fix. The powder coat blue frame looks great new. But I for one had a 250r with a red powdercoated frame that looked great until it got one million nicks in it. After a year of use that blue frame will look bad. The alloy doesn't show the nicks. And I know from experience that you can sand your white fenders with 400 and 600 grit sandpaper and make them look brandnew. Colored fenders show sratches more. That is why I went with the black/white. It gives you lots options in colors for gear instead of everything blue. It is a tough decision but either way it doesn't really matter your getting the baddest machine on earth.

Old 10-09-2000, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

The black and white will look like $h!t after a few rides, neither one black or white works out on four wheelere.

Trending Topics

Old 10-10-2000, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the advice! I decided to tell the dealer that I'll take the Blue, IF the Black and White doesn't show up the same day. I have Yellow Riding gear, and my best friend just got a blue one today, so at least the color will distinguish them when we ride together.

Thanks for all the advice, and I need some pictures of a Black and White Raptor with Yellow AC nerfs on it, and aftermarket bars, any one that can help me there would be great!

Thanks again

Old 10-10-2000, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Both have their pros and cons.

White is easy to keep looking good, black isn't and shows scratches.

Blue is a little less exotic looking, but it's team Yamaha color and falls somewhere in between the white/black as far as showing scratches.

The silver colored A-arms and frame will show less wear than the blue.

Also, I figured the blue will show more fading as time goes by. If I ever have to replace the plastic, it's either going to be black or white and I won't have to worry about having part of the plastic faded while the other is bright.

Either way you go, they both look better than just about any quad out there (in my opinion)!

Old 10-10-2000, 01:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

In my opinion....when first seeing the pics of the Raptor months ago....the white and black looked awesome and the blue Raptor sorta looked plain. I was floored when I laid eyes on the blue Raptor....and since then I saw a Blk/Wht one go by in a Ford truck and it just did'nt have "the look". Again...just my opinion!

Quick Reply: To Blue, or not to Blue