Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior oil change problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior oil change problem

Well i have a 1987 warrior and was changing the oil the other day. Well i drained the oil, changed the filter, put the plug back in and then put in new oil. SO now im all done and am dumping the oil into a bigger container and BOOM, the spring and little filter fall out into the big bucket.

My question is how important is that little spring and filter? Can it be soemthing i just put back in next oil change without problems?

Thanks

Old 06-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The screen is a prefilter to catch any larger contaminates or chunks that would get caught in oil passages and plug them, starving the motor for oil and frying the piston,bearings, or whatever was oiled by that passage. Can you run without it, sure, do you want to take that chance for the price of a couple of quarts of oil and 30 minutes of your time ??????

Old 06-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: 95wolv
The screen is a prefilter to catch any larger contaminates or chunks that would get caught in oil passages and plug them, starving the motor for oil and frying the piston,bearings, or whatever was oiled by that passage. Can you run without it, sure, do you want to take that chance for the price of a couple of quarts of oil and 30 minutes of your time ??????
last time i changed my oil i didn't see that that lil peice fell into the oil bucket and got done with the oil change and realized it wasn't in there... i have it now( found it in the oil when i dumped it out)