Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2006 Wolverine 450

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Wolverine 450

Yah, why can't they just make it stand out in the crowd. Don't make it like every other quad in the lineup just with different plastic. It needs a manual clutch too.

Old 06-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not like it either. I am very glad they did not reanme it as a "Raptor 4x4" Or something extra stupid! I am as disappointed as when Chrysler came out with a 4 door car with a Charger decal on it! Pi@# poor engineering and planning on there part. I hope it performs better than we expect.

Old 06-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CTATV
All of us wolverine owners have been talking about the amazing posibility of yamaha stepping it up and making a 450 wolverine. I was on the website and read yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 and practically had to change my underwear. When I clicked and began to read and view the beast I quickly entered a state of dismay. The wolverine. With an AUTOMATIC TRANNY and FLOORBOARDS. If the Wolverine 350 is as beautiful as a 67 fastback mustang with a 427 then the Wolverine 450 is as crappy as a Mustang II with a V6 they made in the gas crisis of the 70s. and then to top it off RAPTOR LIKE PLASTICS. Why the F|_|ck DO THEY THINK WE ALL WANT OUR QUADS TO LOOK LIKE RAPTOR. I used to think yamaha had ***** for not stopping the banshee in the 80s/90s and building great machines but In one swift movement Ive lost a lot of respect for whatever crackheads they have running their ATV division. I will surely be investing in a 446 stroker kit way before I would think of a Wolverine 450. If I got one for free I would sell it without riding it because its a discrace to everything the Wolverine stands for. Are you faithful Wolvy 350 owners with me? This isnt a Wolverine its a bigbear with Fugly "race like" plastics and friggin floorboards. Im awed beyond what words can describe. Somebody please tell me this is all a bad dream.
Damn, was that what I was trying to say [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Especially liked this part "but In one swift movement Ive lost a lot of respect for whatever crackheads they have running their ATV division."

Lets all remember that the Wolverine was a 4x4 that was designed from a sport quad (what the warrior was when this all started) and shared most of the attributes of it plus added the added traction and abilites of being a 4x4. It may not be the fastest, or have the largest engine, but what it did have was very unique to itself in that is was a smaller more nimble, and lighter 4x4 that offered much of the handling and trail riding abilites of its 2x4 sister the warrior. That is very different than any other util 4x4 I have ridden, and though not for everyone it did offer a very nice nitch in the market for those who needed a 4x4 that handled more like a sport than a tank.

And though I never owned one myself ( have rode more than one lol) I am deff "with you" on your thoughts.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 440EX026
Originally posted by: CTATV
All of us wolverine owners have been talking about the amazing posibility of yamaha stepping it up and making a 450 wolverine. I was on the website and read yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 and practically had to change my underwear. When I clicked and began to read and view the beast I quickly entered a state of dismay. The wolverine. With an AUTOMATIC TRANNY and FLOORBOARDS. If the Wolverine 350 is as beautiful as a 67 fastback mustang with a 427 then the Wolverine 450 is as crappy as a Mustang II with a V6 they made in the gas crisis of the 70s. and then to top it off RAPTOR LIKE PLASTICS. Why the F|_|ck DO THEY THINK WE ALL WANT OUR QUADS TO LOOK LIKE RAPTOR. I used to think yamaha had ***** for not stopping the banshee in the 80s/90s and building great machines but In one swift movement Ive lost a lot of respect for whatever crackheads they have running their ATV division. I will surely be investing in a 446 stroker kit way before I would think of a Wolverine 450. If I got one for free I would sell it without riding it because its a discrace to everything the Wolverine stands for. Are you faithful Wolvy 350 owners with me? This isnt a Wolverine its a bigbear with Fugly "race like" plastics and friggin floorboards. Im awed beyond what words can describe. Somebody please tell me this is all a bad dream.
Damn, was that what I was trying to say [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Especially liked this part "but In one swift movement Ive lost a lot of respect for whatever crackheads they have running their ATV division."

Lets all remember that the Wolverine was a 4x4 that was designed from a sport quad (what the warrior was when this all started) and shared most of the attributes of it plus added the added traction and abilites of being a 4x4. It may not be the fastest, or have the largest engine, but what it did have was very unique to itself in that is was a smaller more nimble, and lighter 4x4 that offered much of the handling and trail riding abilites of its 2x4 sister the warrior. That is very different than any other util 4x4 I have ridden, and though not for everyone it did offer a very nice nitch in the market for those who needed a 4x4 that handled more like a sport than a tank.

And though I never owned one myself ( have rode more than one lol) I am deff "with you" on your thoughts.

Thankyou, I hope this new wolverine Flops right over on its face, or handlebars however you want to take it. I am beyond disapointed I am angered by it. I dont care they are making it but to call it a wolverine is a discrace to the name Ive held so close. I dont think ill ever buy a yamaha again unless its a banshee which they will be discontinuing because they dont have the ***** to put some R&D into the two stroke engines. Bombardier did it with the etec evinrudes and the snowmobiles and jetskis. Cant say again how disapointed I am. WEAK MOVE yamaha. I really hope it fails miserably and they realize how dumb they were. But im sure it wont and a bunch of totally unsavy new ATVers will buy them.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:38 AM
Pro Rider

I definately think the new plastics look goofy as hell, but don't mind the 450 in it, I'd definately be something to see anyway.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Range Rover

should be named raptor 4x4,i cant believe they did this to my favorite machine,the auto sucks,the body is diarrhea (came to mind),no dam racks,no green color,man its official the wolverine is dead. the only thing i can say is a possitive is the 421 motor,its seems to be a good size because the wolverines spot in the line up was not a big cc machine but a small animal with a big bite (wolverine),i sure its fast but a friend of mine has a highly modded kodiak 400 and its just not as fun to ride as my wolvy.i think the floor boards are ok,maybe a ride review will tell , but im not going to buy one

Old 06-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer

Todster,
I agree completely. The new body just doesn't do the Wolverine justice.
Need to see if it's possible to retrofit the older Wolverine plastic to the new quad......
Then we only need to find a way to convert the tranny to manual or semi.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

all it is now is a good quad for my girlfriend who doesnt know how to shift.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

If you have an old Wolverine you might want to hang on to it. This could be the last manual shift, light, 4X4 made for a while. How much money could a company make if they made a 425 lb, semi-automatic, 450cc, performance suspension, and selectable 2wd/4wd. Why haven't they caught on?

Old 06-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

I'd be all over that in a heartbeat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2006 Wolverine 450