Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

so how much horse u think its pulling now? (06)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so how much horse u think its pulling now? (06)

Yes the EFI does require a fuel pump. This Raptor has many weight saving features, and is only 2 lb less than the old one, because the fuel injection necessities add weight.

That being said, I spent over 20 years dinking with carbureted cars, now my last two toys have been EFI (Mustangs) lemme tell ya boys it's the only way to go. When jetting and mixture is always optimum you have all kinds of power you're not leaving on the table. And, they cylinders and rings last much longer from not being washed down with gas during rich points in the rpm band.

Old 06-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
Yes the EFI does require a fuel pump. This Raptor has many weight saving features, and is only 2 lb less than the old one, because the fuel injection necessities add weight.

That being said, I spent over 20 years dinking with carbureted cars, now my last two toys have been EFI (Mustangs) lemme tell ya boys it's the only way to go. When jetting and mixture is always optimum you have all kinds of power you're not leaving on the table. And, they cylinders and rings last much longer from not being washed down with gas during rich points in the rpm band.
why do they need fuel pumps? the tank sits above it....?

Old 06-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

Holy Cow!!!! 396#!!!

I can't believe YammieHaw actually updated something! The old design was ONLY 4 years old. They must be hard pressed to improve their image since they could barely see fit to update the banshee once (Other than plastic colors) in 18 Effin Years!

Old 06-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZimRaptor
Originally posted by: ShadyRascal

why do they need fuel pumps? the tank sits above it....?

Fuel injection---squirts fuel into the intake as a proactive occurence. At the perfect time, the perfect little shot of gas is fired out of the injector. This takes a high amount of pressure in the fuel line, requiring the pump.

A carb is a reactive unit, where air accelerating through the venturi creates a low pressure occurence and the gas is drawn out of the jets into the venturi area then atomizes in the hi speed air.

Old 06-15-2005, 04:55 AM
Pro Rider

All they did to the Raptor was bore it only to 686 and add EFI. Your lookin at a pretty small gain of power, if anything it's better throttle response, fuel economy, and jetting. The engine is the same basic Raptor engine with a bigger bore, it's really not a significant performance improvement, 3-5 HP tops.

Old 06-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

i see a big problem that when you are in the trails and battery dies then what are you to do i hate not haveing a back with efi