Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ppl ruin my summer riding

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ppl ruin my summer riding

ok now this is what just happened about 2 hrs ago. Now i feel really bad for these kids because i usally ride with them. but here it goes. ok i live in a small town in NY and alot of people have quads here but i also live in a developement where people like to call the cops. so my freinds will, joe and ed were all riding on the kid (wills kodiak). will was sittin on the front rack , joe driving ,ed on back ,so there riding through the developent probably goin like 30 the kid will wasnt holding on to the quad , the quad with an extra 360 pounds on it. will slid off the front then the quad ran him over and dragged him on the pavement for about 15 ft. (not to mention no helmut on) the paramedics came, fire deparment, police the whole 9 yards. Will had severe road rash all over his body face, arms everywhere. now even though i feel rly bad about what happened he just ruined it for everyone else who likes to ride. most for us drive slow through the development and have helmuts on except for these guys. right now hes at the hospital i hope he alright. aight just thought i'd clue u in on my day.

Old 06-15-2005, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

im sorry but i dont feel bad for anyone doing stuff like that....

Old 06-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

those guys r dumb@$$es

Old 06-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Do me a favor, when he gets better put him back in the hospital for me, because hes giving this sport a bad name. Kids have no discipline now a days.
Number 1 -no helmets.
Number 2 -riding more than 1 person on the atv.
Number 3 -Riding where your not supposed to be.
Number 4 -Not using common sense.
Number 5 -Atv's arn't designed to be ridden on concrete.

I hope he got ticketed and fined bigtime for the inconvenience of having to be rescued.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

i understand where ur coming from. this kid uses it as transportation and hes gonna get us all in trouble. the thing is though theres no way for me to get to the trails if i dont go through the developement hopefully if i just keep riding slow with my helmut i wont get in trouble.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Hope hes not seriously hurt, but its his own fault. His first mistake was not wearing a helmet, and then sititing on the front rack(not holding on) while an atv is going 30mph. In my book thats kinda stupid.

Old 06-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: importknight
i understand where ur coming from. this kid uses it as transportation and hes gonna get us all in trouble. the thing is though theres no way for me to get to the trails if i dont go through the developement hopefully if i just keep riding slow with my helmut i wont get in trouble.
Use a truck or trailer.

Old 06-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

i fully agree with JL on that post of his

Old 06-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

uh yea so then i miswell sell my quad cause i dont have a truck or a trailer. but i dont see whats wrong if i ride slow through the developement im not hurting anyone it would be fine if ppl didnt do stupid things cause that ruins the rep of everyone else with a quad.

Old 06-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JLsparky7
Do me a favor, when he gets better put him back in the hospital for me, because hes giving this sport a bad name. Kids have no discipline now a days.
Number 1 -no helmets.
Number 2 -riding more than 1 person on the atv.
Number 3 -Riding where your not supposed to be.
Number 4 -Not using common sense.
Number 5 -Atv's arn't designed to be ridden on concrete.

I hope he got ticketed and fined bigtime for the inconvenience of having to be rescued.
stuff like this really does give atving a bad name cause ppl will think its dangerous and crap

Quick Reply: ppl ruin my summer riding