Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What methods do you use to secure your quad at your place?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What methods do you use to secure your quad at your place?

What methods do you use to secure your quad at your place?

Which part of your quad is the best part in your opinion to put chains arround for locking it up.

What other outdoor tools aside from chains do you use to lock your quad.

Do you use in tools of your own desine to lock your quad outdoor.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

i use a Kryponite cable, it has a $10k warranty again theft, get a expensive lock with high strength, and i also use another lock that goes through my rear sprocket it stop them from moving it. POINT IN HAND, if they want it bad enough they will get it, most just see the set up and dont bother.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer

The best way I found to secure your ATV is to first put it in a locked facility, with limited access points. thieves like to kick in the small man doors on sheds and garages to gain entry along with going through a window. So put a couple of deadbolts witha 1" throw on those doors. Make sure the windows lock and maybe put a locking shutters on them so when your not in there you can close and lock the shutters from the inside.

When chaining it up, I use the Club Cable. It's a heavy duty coated cable that locks to itself so you don't have to use a pad lock. I like this better than chain because it's harder to cut. I run one cable through the frame and then secure it to a heavy work bench which is secured to the floor. The other cable I run through the frame and then through the rear sprocket and brake rotor. That way if they get it free from the work bench they won't be able to roll it or drive it. What you want to do is make it as hard and time consuming as possible for the thieves. That way it gives you time to go out and bust a cap in their azz.

Old 06-19-2005, 02:33 AM
Trailblazer

Mine is kept in a locked garage chained to a work bench in there.....with steel cable. At nights I have a monitor that will go off by motion detectors in the garage if someone is in there. During the day is no problem because my dad is in and out all the time and we have so many vehicles, its hard to see if someone is there or gone.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

well, after my raptor was stolen from the back yard, I spent 1500 bux and built a 12x16 storage building. Then, I wired my home alarm system into the shed, and I Have video camera.

You'll be surprised what you do AFTER you have a quad stolen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You always think "it won't happen to me", then, one morning at 6am, you are coming home from work, and you see your Grizzly sitting in the road with 10 cops around... your raptor is nowhere to be found

Old 06-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Range Rover

its common sense if you give easy access to it then expect it to get stollen
in my garage you have to move cars to get them out and when your not in your garage
keep the door closed dont advertise what you got cause thieves scope stuff out before
they steel it. KRACKER

Old 06-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Range Rover

If you can the best thing to do is turn the bars to the left or to the right some how, its kinda hard to steal a bike that won't go in the direction you want it to

Old 06-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

i just put the parking brake on, my exhaust is so loud that if they started it i would hear it just idling, i live in the country so no1 is ever around

Old 06-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

chain and lock inside garage to my boat trailer

Old 06-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Range Rover

Insurance.

Quick Reply: What methods do you use to secure your quad at your place?