Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

problems with Indy Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 12:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with Indy Dealers

Has anyone had any problems with Indianapolis dealers. I went yesterday to pick out my Grizzly and I was extremely upset with the service. The first place I went to, I stood around for about 45 minutes and nobody said a word to me so I left. The second place I went to I had recieved a call from them that they had a black LE that I wanted, in stock. I go inside, and look at it and it was all scuffed up from people sitting on it. 2 "salesmen" were sitting 5 feet from me and never said a word to me. About 5 or 10 minutes later, a man from the back comes up and talkes to me. It turnes out one of the two "salesmen" had called me earlier so I already knew this was not going to turn out well. He told me that was the only LE they had and that was about the only work he did the whole time I was there. I asked him hat kind of deals or financing they had and he sent me to someone else because he had no idea. Also he wouldn't give me a price over the phone or in person. This is my first time buying a new quad, is this how all stealerships are or did I just pick some bad ones.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Well...The place I bought my warrior from were pretty cool at first. But When I did one of my first oil changes(instead of paying over 100 dollars for them to do it) I was also changing the filter. When I breaking the 3 screws lose the first 2 came out just fine but the last one when I turbed it it cracked the casing. So I called them and they tried tellin me that I dodnt know what I was doin. I also had an extended warranty. So I was only able to put 2 screws back in. I eventually got it welded by someone really good and its ok. I called the place that I bought it from and gauranteed I'd never recommend anyone to them and that they were a bunch of dicks.

Old 06-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

I hate to say it but that seems like how ALL the dealers in central Indiana are. I have been told "I don't care if you buy it or not, I will sell it to someone that doesn't really know what it really costs" And they are right! So many people in my area really don't know and will pay way above msrp just to get a quad without having to travel very far. I will not buy from the 2 closest Yamaha dealers, or the 2 closest Honda dealers because they are WAYYY to high on price, their service department is a bunch of rude people and they just don't care about repeat customers!! I would be more than happy to travel the 2-3 hours to buy from a good dealer out of state the next time I'm looking for a new quad!! I do all my own maintance anyways, so why not go somewhere that wants to sell you one!!

Old 06-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Range Rover

My local dealer in Owensboro, KY was pretty much the same way about prices. Prices are way to high, for anything in this store, boats, atvs accessories. The salesman didn't rush you when you came in but they all notice you and ask you for help. So what my buddies and I have been doing it driving to Union City, Tennesse to Abernathy's. It is a 4 hour drive but it is worth saving 1 or 2k...

Old 06-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

up here in Northwest Indiana they aint too bad.. but damn.. they don't know jack **** about quads.. i went in there to order a carb boot and they couldn't find it.. i showed THEM where it was on their lil system.. and then i asked for an oil filter and they gave me an air filter.. it's like DER!

Old 06-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

I deal with the best Yamaha Dealership here in Indiana. If you are looking for a Black Grizzly these guys can help you out. Ever since they have opened there doors they have moved so many quads because of there service and hospitality.

Obermeyer Yamaha
Located in Jasper Indiana right next to K-Mart. There # is 1-866-YAMAHA-6. Ask for Keith, which is the owner, or Danny, he is one of the sales guy.

Also tell them ROACH told you about them...