Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Hit Ditch at 60 MPH and Walked away.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit Ditch at 60 MPH and Walked away.

Went To Rocky Ridge Sunday had a great time UNTIL: My Riding Buddies and I were Drag Racing and My shee Ran like Crap Kept Bogging Down Real Bad. I went back to where we were Parked to Try to Fix it. Come to Find out My air Filter was Very Dirty. So i Cleaned it as best i could. Then i was Testing it out in a Area i wasn't Familar with. Me and my Buddy started Drag Racing. On the First Run I Smoked Him Real Good so we Turned around to Run again. I Smoked him again But i Didn't See this Ditch it was about Knee Deep and about 6Feet across. I was about 15 Feet From the Ditch when i saw it. Only thing i thought to do was Get as far Back on my Shee to keep the front Wheels up. They made it Across then when my back tires hit, it Launched me and my Quad about 15 Feet up and 15 to 20 Feet Over. my Buddie said i looked like Robbie Knevil when he Wiped Out. It Knocked the Breath out of me and Messed up my shee Pretty good. Mainly just The Handle Bars and The front lights. all i got was a Bruised Hip, Messed up Shoulder and Lots of OFF Road Rash LOL. But i was able to Start it up and Ride it Back to My Truck. So How was Your Day? LOL

Old 06-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Wearing a helmet right? You better say yes! LOL!

Old 06-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

i hit a ditch on my blaster when i was riding in an apple orchard... not 60 mph but it gave me some whiplash. luckly my leg snagged the handlebars or else i woulda been on the ground... but my leg had some big scrape from the bars. gotta hate stuff like that!!

Old 06-28-2005, 02:08 AM
Range Rover

I hit a ditch pretty fast on a honda recon once and whilst flying over the handle bars I slammed my nuts on the front master cylinder...very painfull....first thing I did after I got up was drop my pants right there to see if my jones where still there.....bruised for like a week and a half.....

Old 06-28-2005, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Glad you walked away from it relativly unharmed. Heal fast, rider faster.

Old 06-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

when i had my lt 230 i was racing my friend around his track and i went to go over the whoops and the rear shock bottomed out and when i hit the second whoop i went flying ova the bars and the quad rolled right over my head (was wearing a helmet

Old 06-28-2005, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer

Me and my girlfriend hit a deer the other night on my raptor runing about 60. Luckly we wason a gravel road and all it done was spun us around about 10 times. If it wasnt for being on gravel we would have got hurt bad.

Old 06-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer

i was racein my friend on a gravle road and when we came to a turn i turned to quik when i was goin like 60 i was topin out and my blaster went over three times and threw me into the ditchi got lucky and walked away with only a cut on my knee and 2 on my arm

Old 06-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

live hard....play hard....RIDE HARD......

Go big or go home

***** to the walls

pain goes away...wounds and bones heal...chicks dig the scars...BUT GLORY LAST FOREVER...

I FEEL YA MAN..I DID IT TO ONCE, BUT MINE WAS OFF A DINKY JUMP THAT I DID NOT CHEACK OUT ..AND AS I WENT OVER IT HAD A BIG DITCH AFTER IT....I FROZE AND BROKE...ENDOED ...BROKE THE COLLAR BONE AND SPRAINED ANKLE AND WIRST....FUN STUFF...BUT NOW U HAVE GOOD STORIES

Old 06-29-2005, 01:37 PM
Range Rover

ive had many ditch expriances too. mostly on my big bear but the closest to falling off on that was flying foward and getting smashed into the handal bars.
one time i was on my friends dirt bike and i by the time i saw the ditch it was about too late so i slamed on the brakes (that includes the front ones) and the bike did a front flip and i landed about 10 feet past the ditch. at least i made it over. LOL

Quick Reply: Hit Ditch at 60 MPH and Walked away.