Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats the loudest

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2000, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with YaMaCraptor.
It's like talking to Beavis & Butthead!
I won't even try to argue with the noisy suckers (you understand my position though).
Once they grow up, MAYBE they will understand something about life and respect.
Just too bad they'll turn people against ATVs and OffRoad in general.
Gore doesn't bother me (Quebec Power!), neither do my neighbours, even less other ATVers, but, I easily figure that when people are walking on the trail (OK, they shouldn't be fooling there) they rather see a quiet bike than a noisy one...and for the "stinky" odour, I can't find that motul(?) oil that smells strawberry.
OOps. Sorry. I said I wouldn't argue, I did a little, stopping everything!

Old 10-24-2000, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok Guys, let me see if I can make this simple enough for Beavis & Butthead to understand.

If you are riding on public land then the only rights you have are those given to you by the governing authorties. They are not written in the constitution and they can be YANKED at any time. All it takes is for enough people to complain and your rights are gone. GET IT??

I don't know if it is true or not, but I have heard that all state land in Tennesse is now off limits to off-road motorized use. That's the entire state people!

They have banned, this year, all snowmobiles in national parks and they are working on personal water craft next. They are trying to shut down millions of acres all over the West to off-road use. If they succeed your rights ARE GONE.

You want to stand up and fight, well so do I but how do you suggest doing it? It's politics and votes count. We don't have the votes people. We have to convence people outside of our hobby that we can co-exist with them on public land and that we are not tearing up the environment. One dumbass with a loud machine and a bad attitude can **** hundreds of people off in just one weekend. And guess how those people are going to vote when it comes down to YOUR RIGHTS.

If we all don't work at this the only place you will have to run your loud pipe is in your garage, and how much fun is that going to be.

Old 10-25-2000, 02:51 AM
Trailblazer

It will never stop until some rich rider buys or starts an organization and buys property for ATVers to ride whatever they want to ride. It's like animal rights activists they can't touch hunters on State Game Lands. That's probably what it will boil down to. I don't ride on public land too much but where I do, they don't care. There's no fighting about it. Maybe out west it's different.