Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats the loudest

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2000, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While you are at it, don't wear a helmet and ride double, drive over peoples lawns and in school yards...

You guys give our sport such a good image!

Old 10-15-2000, 04:21 AM
Range Rover

There is nothing wrong with loud exhaust, people. Are you trying to tell us that stock exhaust is quiet? PLEASE! The decibel level of our quads and dirtbikes are not the reasons we lose riding areas. A liberal administration that bends over backwards to appease the eco-fanatics, and their resulting policies are what get our riding areas closed. You need to stop acting so childish, and badmouthing a fellow ATV rider, and do something more productive, in the way of protecting our riding areas.

Old 10-15-2000, 12:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

You guys are a bunch of old farts, do you remember when you were a kid and loud trucks and cars were the coolest thing you could see or hear? I sure as hell do, if having a loud exaust is so bad then how come FMF, Supertrapp, DG, and all of those other high performance companies make loud pipes? How come Dynomax, Flowmaster and all of those car exaust companies make loud pipes? Flowmaster sells their pipes in steps of
1-8 1 being the "most tame" and 8 being "the loudest and most agressive sounding system" And if the neigbors have a problem with the loudness of his quad he can install these little things called baffles or a silencer and they will make the quad quiet without losing any of the added power the pipe adds. Bottom line, its his quad, its his life, and it's his decision.

Old 10-15-2000, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, the supertrapp IDS 2 is a good choice, with the right jet kit, it gives a good boost of HP. All you guys that are knockin him about wanting a loud pipe, I want something louder for my Banshee than my FMF's. At the start of a race, all those LRD shee's and Paul Turner 250R's are tearing down the straight, I can't even hear mine! Although we ride very different styles, his wants are similar to mine. I know before I got my Banshee.. I was sitting on the trails and I heard something that was LOUD. I said man, that thing is FAST! Turns out it was a warrior with a cobra. Basically a cobra is a metal funnel. VERY LOUD! This pipe is his, not ours. Remember, different strokes for different folks. Later,

Old 10-15-2000, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

WOW!!! This has been the best topic in a while! I've never seen so many people get together and cry like this before. I've got Dyno Port 2-n-1 on my banshee and there loud not the loudest but they sound good. That Atv noise pollution crap, it's just another way that people who can't ride want to spoil the fun of others. What's worse? Our machines running or those loud steroes in cars booming all the time? It's time to quit crying.

Old 10-16-2000, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

I guess that some of us are just passed that "phase" where we want loud, louder, loudest!

Anyway it all depends where you ride.

Later

Old 10-19-2000, 09:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have four words for all of you ( LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES )

Old 10-20-2000, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

7 more words for you,
! LOUD PIPES COST US OUR RIDING AREAS !
This is like talking to Beavis and Butthead.

Old 10-21-2000, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nothing is to quiet for people calling the cops reporting a "loud pipe". I've had the cops called on me a few times for having such a loud machine all times I had the stock pipe and it was still under a year old (of course when i found out the neighbors didn't like it I went out and got a Superrtrapp. Stop crying about your damn riding area because no matter where you go you'll find guys like us sporting loud pipes, and as long as big industries are putting out loud performance exaust pipes we will be here revving them.

Old 10-21-2000, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

bullgod,
Getting a louder exhaust because it improves performance or fuel economy is cool. But being loud just to be loud ain't cool, and its annoying to others. If you really want to be loud, here is my suggestion. Don't waste your money on a pipe at all. Just take off the stock exhaust and run it open. You will be louder then anybody else, and pretty soon you will burn a valve, break down, and spare the rest of us the headache of your noise!

Quick Reply: Whats the loudest