Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I WAS EXCITED ABOUT NEW 700..... but

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I WAS EXCITED ABOUT NEW 700..... but

Well I was very very excited when i heard about the new 700R. But then i got lookin at the displacement and realized thats its nothing to be excited about. All it is is a 660R with a 686 big bore kit. Check the site displacement is 686cc's. Which is now why i decided to keep my 660R, i can buy a 686 big bore kit if i wanted to. Nothin special about a 686 kit, o wait it is more stable(sarcasm)

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Well, you're right, buy yourself a 686 kit and you're good to go, I'm just more interested in the new stance than the bumped up cc's. Also interested in how the EFI will turn out.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Originally posted by: Banshee350TT
Well I was very very excited when i heard about the new 700R. But then i got lookin at the displacement and realized thats its nothing to be excited about. All it is is a 660R with a 686 big bore kit. Check the site displacement is 686cc's. Which is now why i decided to keep my 660R, i can buy a 686 big bore kit if i wanted to. Nothin special about a 686 kit, o wait it is more stable(sarcasm)

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
It's suppose to be a completely new machine, meaning new frame, new engine, and much more. Yes you could just bump your engine displacement to a 686. But what's interesting about it is the EFI, maybe better handling and suspension, I know it will be faster and more stable than the older raptor.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually it is a totally different quad. I doubt there won't be many parts that are interchangable, they should have called it something else, the motor isn't even close to being the same.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:03 AM
Pro Rider

here is no parts that are interchangable as well i talked to sparks racing and a few other guys that deal with yamaha and the demo out performed any 660r modded to 686, fuel use. stability speed etc... its a totally different motor just because displacement and stuff doesnt look that huge of a difference but the motor is totally different... and given the Fuel injection thats a huge plus compared to carbs...

Old 07-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider

Banshee350TT there is actually alot of changes to the motor. Instead of having the complex five valve system it now has a small lightweight 4 valve head, It has EFI compared to the two carbueraters, The motor if you compare them it just looks better because it is all shiny LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], The displacement has been bumped up to 686cc, the gear ratio have been changed, and the part that i personally dont like is that the have lowered the redline point from 9500 on the 660 to 9000 on the 700 but you could always buy one of those chips that you have to buy for the 700 and increase the rev. THen theres the suspension and chasis but well that will take to long.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: YFZRyderMace The displacement has been bumped up to 686cc, the gear ratio have been changed, and the part that i personally dont like is that the have lowered the redline point from 9500 on the 660 to 9000 on the 700 but you could always buy one of those chips that you have to buy for the 700 and increase the rev.
I don't feel dropping the redline from to 9000 is that big of a deal, unless you're drag racing, I'm sure they'll come out with a new rev limiter box soon, come to think of it, I hardly ever hit my rev limiter anyway, I agree with you, it's a whole different machine.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

i suggest waiting till the major atv magazines do a test/review/shootout before passing judgement on it . also the factory has not given out details about any type of on-board diagnostic on the efi system, so if this thing does not run properly for any reason, most people will not have a choice but take it to their nearest stealership for repair, and you know how we all love those places.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

atv,Thats what me an my friend down the street were saying.Just another way for the stealerships to jak up prices rip ya off.I rather have carbs more levels of adjustability an w fuel injectection ya change 1 thing ya have to change the pc or remap.ANother thing that should turn people off w fuel injection should be what do u do if you are mile sin the woods an the EFI or pc decides to glitch or take an all out crap youll be SOl real bad an stuck in the woods.This sounds like alot of fun plus fuel injection an dirt dont mix 2 good,Atk bikes had there rotax w efi in 91 an dirt bike said the fuel filter plugged up really fast an it had other bugs 2.well good luck,ill keep my carbs an save money.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Range Rover

sugarhead i live about 30 minutes from u. I thought i would just say it because its rare that u find people that live so close and yea i think i would like to see some shootouts before we really know how the new raptor is.

Quick Reply: I WAS EXCITED ABOUT NEW 700..... but