Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to check Valves on Warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to check Valves on Warrior?

Ok... This has been a LONG process with my warrior. Checked the plug and the plug looked great. Showed the video of my exhaust to sparky and he thought it might be my rings... and my engine is also clicknig really bad and he said it might be the valves... How would I check to see if its my valves, What could be wrong with my valves, How would I adjust them? I also put too much oil in it so Im gunna drain the oil and refill it, maybe thats the problem. Any ideas about the valves though? Or should I just drain the oil, refill it and run it to see if thats the problem and why its smoking and clicking?

Old 07-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Trailblazer

Anyone?

Old 07-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Range Rover

The clicking is probably the valves. Warrior / Wolverine top ends tend to be pretty noisy when not adjusted properly.

You really need to get a factory Yamaha repair manual, which is what I have followed to guide me through all my work. Others on here are using Clymers and possibly a couple others.

How to adjust your valves, from start to finish, is a little too involved for here...in my opinion. It's not hard, but a detailed step - by - step procedure, with proper clearances and torque specs, is really what is needed.

This is probably not the reply you were looking for, but after getting a manual...you will be glad you did.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:51 AM
Trailblazer

I dont know if its my Valves or my rings, cause it smokes, but it clicks, and when I run it sometimes I hear throttle knock... (Its when the exhaust valve opens too early and the spark fires too late and it fires into the exhaust pipe and makes a knocking sound) so idk...