Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ450 vs. Z450

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

I was just in The Suzuki forums and some guy copied word for word out of his magazine the report on the Z450 and it said that stock, it is better than doug gust's bike is now! whether or not its true is anyones guess but go check it out, its impresive.

Old 07-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

look in around more in the suz forums i knew about it before that acticle came out.i have inside connections [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

ok, i went to the suzuki forum and got the post about the z450, here it is:

just suscribed to quad offroad magazine and got thier first issue. Here is what they have to say " It's fuel injected" Those words - uttered by out suzuki insider in Japan- totally caught us offguard. He was talking about the new suzuki z450 sport quad the most anticipated release this year. It is one of the biggest secrets in the industry and there's no way we could keep it to ourselves.
Yes is has fuel injection he said quelling our disbelief. "and a whole bunch of other features that you are not going to believe" he added. "even I was surprised whe we first announced it as a goal, but we have more fuel injected models out there than anyone, so it makes sense. We have led the forefront of fuel injection technology for years".
After the fuel injected bomb was dropped on us, it got even more interesting."Our testers told us it has the best suspension they have ever ridden- even doug gust told us that it is better than all the aftermarket suspensions he has used in the past.
Suzuki is bringing some serious heat to the atv racing world. The philosophy of this release is to treat it like one of their rm250 dirtbikes all you'll have to do to race the new 450 quad is slap on some numbers and well some nerfbars. Think were bsing! Read on.
If you are a good A-level rider, you won't need to do a thing to get the best out of this machine" Our spy said. He told us when suzuki approached the z450 platform it had to exceed all the performance levels set by gusts 2004 championship winning racer. Just when we'd run out of shock, our suzuki insider incited our shock reserves here are the specs that did it:

the z450 is going to be considerably wider {by3 inches} than either the yamaha yfz or honda 450r. It is also extremely low to the ground designed to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. Wheelbase is very similar to the competion, but the quad will be much closer to the earth.

Team rider gust and jones will race it with stock A-arms, shocks, and swingarm. Why? Because each item is going to be built to full race specs. Right off the showroom floor this machine will look like it has been decked out with aftermarket suspension components. It will be equipped with wide, long travel front arms and get this a - chromoly swingarm!

We were told that this suzuki has a very trick exhaust system. When we pressed for more details, our contact got quiet. You'll have to wait and see, he said " It's that good". Though he did mention the exhaust was designed to keep the center of gravity as low as possible.

The battery compartment has been placed low on the bike somewhere. We couldn't get any specific location, only confirmation that it would be placed somewhere lower than expected.

The headlight comes off easily and can quickly be replaced with a number plate.

As of right now, the z450 will be available in yellow and white color schemes

Exclusive track ready tires are being designed just for the z450

Old 07-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

look at past z450 topics .i said what it was going to have long before that post.that article didn't say it kickstart only did it.

Old 07-12-2005, 01:54 AM
Range Rover
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

None of the reviews up to date have definatly said whether or not it will have the e-start or just the kickstart.
I own both a 96' Banshee and a 04' Z400.
I'm looking at either getting the new YFZ or the Z450.
But if the Z450 does come with the e-start then I guess my mind will be made up on which one.
I've read the DW review on the YFZ and all the speculation on the Z450.
IMO... the Z450 (if everything about it is true) will exceed the YFZ in every aspect.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

i am gonna have to see this quad before i believe it. There is to much stuff you said that i can actually believe. Like the exhaust system was designed to make the center of gravity lower. where is it gonna be down by the swingarm? I just dont believe all of this about the Z. But thats just my 2cents on the topic.

Old 07-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

Let me shed a light on the situation here guys. If Suzuki/Kawasaki/Arctic Cat goes full tilt on their 450 atv it will only compete with the Yamaha 450. It will be lucky to compete with Yamaha's trail atv, the Raptor.

Old 07-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

your just said what i have been thinking the hole time garyc660r. The suzuki might have all of this low center of gravity stuff to it but just look at the motor. How could it possibly be much better then the motor of the YFZ. Except for the fuel injection part and fuel injection takes away bottem end power compared to the carb.. I am still getting the new Raptor 700 i will just fix it up to beet the Suzuki if it wont beet it anyways

Old 07-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Range Rover
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

i am a yamaha guy but suzuki has put alot of thought and effort into this one, suzuki has released some info that the new 450 will be a real " race ready" bike , its already going to be very low and very wide unlike the yfz and 450r
this is gonna be a pure race machine

Old 07-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Range Rover
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

I totally agree. If they really set this atv up the way they say they are it will be an incredible machine. And most likely smoke both the yfz and the new raptor, but here's the kicker, it will probably smoke both of them on the race track. Anybobdy who has ridden a true race bike knows that they do not excell in the woods or on a trail, and that's were the most of us do the deed. Sure a true race bike is still going to beat your regular 400's, and under on the trail, but I don't know if it could take the yfz or the new raptor. This bike will probably own the track and probably the sand as well, but I still think the yfz and the new raptor would whip it in the woods. Of course, It's impossible to say till I see it in action. I may be wrong, but that's my opinion.

Quick Reply: YFZ450 vs. Z450