Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ450 vs. Z450

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

Originally posted by: ATVduderacer80
with all the stuff that everyone is saying this z450 is going to have it would be heavy so u suzuki fans better hope for a powerfull engine or aluminum frame but dont get ur hope up on the the aluminum frame
i know for a fact that its not going to have a aluminum frame.and i don't know why everyones crying about how wide it is ,its a race bike.but iam sure someone is going to make it work in the trails.thats why suz has the z400 too.the weight is going to be around the same as the 450r and yfz.suz will have a range of different buyers with the z400 and different buyers with the ltz450r.mx, dunes, tt racing .that just gives us more of different ranges to pick from too.and my info is from a honda racer he said the 06 450r is getting frame changes and efi.

Old 07-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

figure the raptor 700r in to the equation, It is going to put a serious hurtin' on the sportbike market.

Old 07-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Range Rover
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

Originally posted by: TheNadine
figure the raptor 700r in to the equation, It is going to put a serious hurtin' on the sportbike market.
I cna see what your saying in the recreation sence of the word but can you really put the 700r in the same class as the 450's?

Old 07-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Range Rover
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

Originally posted by: ATVduderacer80
with all the stuff that everyone is saying this z450 is going to have it would be heavy so u suzuki fans better hope for a powerfull engine or aluminum frame but dont get ur hope up on the the aluminum frame
Why would it be heavy?

As stated in the mag review the new ltz450r was designed to be better than the bike that Doug Gust has ridden to 2 ATV championships.

I really don't think Mr. Gust would be winning races with a ride that would weigh in heavier than his fellow racers.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

Originally posted by: BlasterDunatic
ok, i went to the suzuki forum and got the post about the z450, here it is:

just suscribed to quad offroad magazine and got thier first issue. Here is what they have to say " It's fuel injected" Those words - uttered by out suzuki insider in Japan- totally caught us offguard. He was talking about the new suzuki z450 sport quad the most anticipated release this year. It is one of the biggest secrets in the industry and there's no way we could keep it to ourselves.
Yes is has fuel injection he said quelling our disbelief. "and a whole bunch of other features that you are not going to believe" he added. "even I was surprised whe we first announced it as a goal, but we have more fuel injected models out there than anyone, so it makes sense. We have led the forefront of fuel injection technology for years".
After the fuel injected bomb was dropped on us, it got even more interesting."Our testers told us it has the best suspension they have ever ridden- even doug gust told us that it is better than all the aftermarket suspensions he has used in the past.
Suzuki is bringing some serious heat to the atv racing world. The philosophy of this release is to treat it like one of their rm250 dirtbikes all you'll have to do to race the new 450 quad is slap on some numbers and well some nerfbars. Think were bsing! Read on.
If you are a good A-level rider, you won't need to do a thing to get the best out of this machine" Our spy said. He told us when suzuki approached the z450 platform it had to exceed all the performance levels set by gusts 2004 championship winning racer. Just when we'd run out of shock, our suzuki insider incited our shock reserves here are the specs that did it:

the z450 is going to be considerably wider {by3 inches} than either the yamaha yfz or honda 450r. It is also extremely low to the ground designed to keep the center of gravity as low as possible. Wheelbase is very similar to the competion, but the quad will be much closer to the earth.

Team rider gust and jones will race it with stock A-arms, shocks, and swingarm. Why? Because each item is going to be built to full race specs. Right off the showroom floor this machine will look like it has been decked out with aftermarket suspension components. It will be equipped with wide, long travel front arms and get this a - chromoly swingarm!

We were told that this suzuki has a very trick exhaust system. When we pressed for more details, our contact got quiet. You'll have to wait and see, he said " It's that good". Though he did mention the exhaust was designed to keep the center of gravity as low as possible.

The battery compartment has been placed low on the bike somewhere. We couldn't get any specific location, only confirmation that it would be placed somewhere lower than expected.

The headlight comes off easily and can quickly be replaced with a number plate.

As of right now, the z450 will be available in yellow and white color schemes

Exclusive track ready tires are being designed just for the z450

I absolutely refuse to believe with the grammer, punctuation, and spelling in this "article" that it was written by ANY credible publishing. Grain of salt, gentlemen. Time will reveal the truth one way or another.

EFI loses bottem end torque??? HUH!?! Not hardly.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

I'm not saying that all things lose bottem end with EFI. But if you read in atv action where the had a shoot out between the polaris sportsman700 and 700EFI. They said the regular 700 had a little more bottem end then the EFI and is was alittle easier to wheelie off the line. But they said the EFI more then made up for the bottem end in the MID and TOP end. But thats just what i read. I dont think eveything in those mag. are true.

Old 07-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

That's just one occasion. It may be totally different elsewhere.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

I don't believe any of the hype on any 4 wheelers anymore after what all magazine articles said about the KFX700 when it was coming out because those things are some of the slowest sport quads I have ever seen. The hype on those bikes didnt even live up to half of what they said they would be.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

Then why don't you go out and by the magazine for yourself. Sorry if in the process of copying the article I may have happened to misspell a word or two or forgot to put a comma or period where it might belong. I do thank you for thinking I can write as well as what was written. However the reason I POSTED WHERE I GOT THE ARTICLE FROM WAS SO PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF COULDN'T SAY IT WAS BS. In case anyone wants the name of the magazine it is QUAD offroad magazine. They have great pictures and a poster of a hot chick w/ a quad that is supposed to come with every issue. This was there first ever issue you can suscribe online so go for it you won't regret it. they were pretty proud of being the first ones to leak some real info out on the z450

Old 07-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default YFZ450 vs. Z450

quad mag is own by written by the same people who write transworld motorcross mag and they don't write up rumors like dirtwheels does.they write up the facts

Quick Reply: YFZ450 vs. Z450