Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bad Grizzly!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Grizzly!

I just picked up my new 2004 BLUE Yamaha Grizzly! It is an awesome ride! I rode it around my yard and my trails for about 10 minutes then I seen the Coolant Temperature Light come on! When I got back to my house it was smoking and was overheated! What could be wrong with it! I thind it is the oil fan not coming on! It got too hot way too soon it seems like! It took about 20 minutes for the temperature light to go off! I let it cool off and checked the oil and coolant and they were fine! It made me so f***ing mad! I waited 3 days then when I get it home it f***ing overheats! The dealer is going to pick it up and see what's wrong with it. I'm thinking about just taking it back and buy another one from a different dealer. What should I do take it back or let the dealer fix it? I doubt I will find another BLUE Grizzly anywhere around here! I looked at all the dealers around here and this was the only BLUE Grizzly I could find!

Old 07-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad Grizzly!

its still under warrenty right..?.. then let the dealer fix it

Old 07-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

i bought my 2005 660 grizzly last year in late May when they first came out,they had literaly just got them in,and they were still assembling it when we were doing the paperwork

i have cut that bike ZERO slack,and have had as much problems out of it,ZERO

i had always had Polaris prior to this bike,and i must say,i will never own anything but

keep the oil's changed,air filter clean,good gas,and thats all i do for it

Old 07-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

Take it back to the dealer , He will probably find a temp. sensor bad or maybe unhooked. Did you ever hear the fan come on ? BLUE BOOHYAH!! Same as mine I love it ZERO probs. here also.Also check the fan fuse and fan connections. GOOD LUCK

Old 07-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

i just ordered the High Lifter 2" lift kit today,,,,and payday i'll have the rest of the money for my 27" ITP wheel kit with the Mudzilla treads

next i have to upgrade the rear axles to the Gorrilla's,before i can start the work

im also gonna have to get the pro air kit,and rejet to try to get a lil more HP,and i really dont want to have to go to a loud pipe,and the HMF Eco has mixed reveiws

i have a $50 bet with my buddy that my Grizz will make it through a mud hole that has swollowed up every bike that has tried it,but knowone around here has a extreme 4x4,and his 700 Sportsman,or my stock Grizz didnt get it done,and we both started talk'n smack,and its escalated to this,LMAO

i must be a red neck to spend around 2 grand to win a $50 bet,,,,,,but bragging rights,,,,,"priceless"

Old 07-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bad Grizzly!

The owner of the dealership came and picked it up and will get some guys to look at it and see what is wrong and fix it! I hope the engine isn't damaged! Has anybody else had this overheating problem! It sucks! I wish I could get it fixed so I can get it broke-in already! I have to say it's the smoothest riding fourwheeler I have ever ridden! If I can get to ride it again!

Old 07-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

ive had mine for over a year,and in the summer,they do run warm on the legs

but by no means has it ever overheated,,,,also when you stop riding be sure to let the fan run until it stops

Old 07-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bad Grizzly!

The fan never kicked on! There's a problem somewhere. The owner of the dealership said that overheating wouldn't hurt it unless you run it awhile! I say Bulls**t! I think it can hurt it! If a person's car or truck overheats does it hurt it! Of Course! You can't ride untill it has cooled down!

Old 07-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

i do have to ask this,,,,

if you knew it was overheating that bad,and the fan wasnt kicking on,,,,why on earth didnt you stop,shut it off,and let it cool down,and just baby it home?

i do realize it was a brandnew bike,but come on,,,,if your truck overheats going down the highway,do you continue on until you get home?

no you stop

Old 07-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bad Grizzly!

Because I was about 500 feet from home when the light just came on! I let it cool down at home! It took 20 minutes for the light to come off!

Quick Reply: Bad Grizzly!