Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why so cheap

Look how cheap this limited edition yfz 450 is
Click

Old 07-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default why so cheap

will you be able to take it for a spin before you commit?,,,you have to be real careful on ebay with high end ticket items

Old 07-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default why so cheap

It's gone now. Most likely if it was cheap, it was a scam artist. Seems that a lot of ATVers run around eBay anymore looking for these guys. They don't last long, or are quickly bid up to the 7-digit figures. Usually they include the photos & text from Yamaha's website.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default why so cheap

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
It's gone now. Most likely if it was cheap, it was a scam artist. Seems that a lot of ATVers run around eBay anymore looking for these guys. They don't last long, or are quickly bid up to the 7-digit figures. Usually they include the photos & text from Yamaha's website.
7 digits? whoa! thats not cheap. wouldnt that be like 1,000,000. thats 7 digits. unless you mean 7K.

how much was it before it was gone?

Old 07-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Range Rover
Default why so cheap

too good to be true

Old 07-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default why so cheap

ive been ebaying since '99,,,and you really have to be careful what you buy,,,how you buy,,,and how you pay for things on ebay

ive seen too many horror storys on ebay,and i personally have a spending limit,and a certain criteria before i bid on anything,,,if its more than my limit,i find it the old fashion way,and do a face to face deal

stay away from ANY type of vehical,unless the seller will allow you to physically inspect prior to bidding,,,and most sellers will not go for that,because they do not want you to know where they live,,,,and there are plenty of scammers selling various types of vehicals

Old 07-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default why so cheap

Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
7 digits? whoa! thats not cheap. wouldnt that be like 1,000,000. thats 7 digits. unless you mean 7K.

how much was it before it was gone?
Maybe I need to clarify. Someone posts up a say YFZ "in crate" "never ridden" etc coming from Europe via overnight FedEx Freight (doesn't exist, and if it did, would probably cost more than a new bike.). They was $4K for it. All the pics and text straight from Yamaha's website. So people start bidding the price WAY up. Yes, over a million dollars. Basically to warn off the unsuspecting. And they usually want a wire transfer of the money.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default why so cheap

well for me i just look for a item closest to me that way i can go check it out or say ill ceom check it out and buy it from u if i like it or what not

Old 07-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default why so cheap

A friend of mine just sold his 2004 Limited Edition YFZ on Ebay for 5,000. It ran great, just needed to pay some stuff off.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default why so cheap

anouther way they will try to scam you on ebay is,,,say you win an auction for a bike,and you think your getting a pretty good deal

they will say they need an immediate down payment of (hypothetical,and for sake of argument) lets say $500 bucks,and they take the $500 bucks,and run,,,,,your out $500 bucks,and no bike

most sellers on ebay wont allow you to come and inspect their items up for auction,because they want to maintain anonymity

Quick Reply: why so cheap