Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Heard about the OUTLAW

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heard about the OUTLAW

Trophy trucks have been running irs in the desert for years, so this is nothing new (except to quads). I like the idea myself (trail riding only), but I'll skip Polaris's crappy build quality and **** poor customer service and wait for someone else to build one before I get excited about it...

Old 07-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Its certainly a risk. IRS quads do feel very strange to start out, and I havent ridden one enough to get used to them. I think they are gonna sell slow in the begining because people are going to want to ride them first, then they wont feel right when they do ride them, so people wont buy.

I think they will do ok eventually though.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have never ridden a utility quad with IRS how does it feel so different or weird?

Old 07-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Well from the video and pics, I'm going to dare to say that it looks as though it may actually handle very well for an IRS quad. The exhaust is definitely one of the most retarded looking things I've ever seen in my life. It looks as though it will powerslide like a SRA machine though. 440lbs. is still ridiculous for a high-performance sport machine.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:43 PM
Range Rover

polaris isnt talking about anything this year.....

Old 07-26-2005, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Well from the video and pics, I'm going to dare to say that it looks as though it may actually handle very well for an IRS quad. The exhaust is definitely one of the most retarded looking things I've ever seen in my life. It looks as though it will powerslide like a SRA machine though. 440lbs. is still ridiculous for a high-performance sport machine.
I'll bet you could take a fair amount of that weight off of it with a titanium exhuast, changing from the stock Fox shocks to Fox Float shocks, taking off needless stuff like the tail light, changing to aluminum pro-pegs, etc. I've got my DS 650 down to a dry weight of ~ 430 lbs, in race trim, so you can lighten these lard butts up a bit. Still not saying I would EVER buy this Outlaw though. It may be an idea that will work well for desert racing, and other cross country racing events, but like someone else said, Polaris build quality is crap. Another manufacturer could build this same quad better, faster, and lighter. And speaking of other manufacturers, maybe Polaris will listen to KTM, being as they are planning on buying them out all together in a few years. One can only hope [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 07-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

It looks like the rider is having trouble whipping it around the turns.It looks like he has to shove the *** end out from under him.I dont think this quad will be a popular machine compared to the other sport quads out there.I think that the predator will sell better than the outlaw will.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Wolvydude
Trophy trucks have been running irs in the desert for years, so this is nothing new (except to quads). I like the idea myself (trail riding only), but I'll skip Polaris's crappy build quality and **** poor customer service and wait for someone else to build one before I get excited about it...
Sad but true. I'll prob have to take legal action to get mine resolved in Maine. rear cv boots dont hold up on the slow util quads, wait till their spinnin at higher rpms on 20 in tires. Stay away at least the first year.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

I saw it and thought it looked cool and is a new step, but then started thinking of the following

1. Shock upgrade (1 more of these high dollar suckers)
2. Quad width (Upper and lower control arms, two new shafts, etc...)
3. Gear Ratio (how much will it take to change a rear sprocket?)
4. Drag? (what will it take to lengthen the thing)

Its gonna be expensive back there when trying to upgrade.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that they will take over the Wolverine market that Yamaha decided to PI$$ away.

Quick Reply: Heard about the OUTLAW