Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Heard about the OUTLAW

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:24 PM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heard about the OUTLAW

I would have to ride one before judging it to the degree of calling it a bad decision to manufacture it.

I think the Outlaw does have an audience and that it will sell well. Especially for some of your hare scramble riders in the south where roots and rocks will tame a straight axle quad (and the rider) in short time. I know I am going to try one out as soon as I get my hands on one.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: BigBlack
I saw it and thought it looked cool and is a new step, but then started thinking of the following

1. Shock upgrade (1 more of these high dollar suckers)
2. Quad width (Upper and lower control arms, two new shafts, etc...)
3. Gear Ratio (how much will it take to change a rear sprocket?)
4. Drag? (what will it take to lengthen the thing)

Its gonna be expensive back there when trying to upgrade.
1. shocks will cost about the same. as a standard sport quad. throw elkas on all 4 corners and you lookin at around 2k
2. wanna widen it. up front 400-800 in the back the same plus proll 200 for axles
3. gear ratio. looks like you can probable undo the axle and pop it out to get the rear sprocket off. not much more difficult that takin off the tire on a normal SRA
4. Lengthening depends if it has a bolted on rear section of the chassis or not. if it does bolt in a spacer section to the desired length and lengthen your chain. simple

really only modifications this quad will need is possibly suspension and gearing.
But for your average ATV rider they leave their mochines BONE STOCK stock tires, shocks, gearing and the rest. Somthing like this will work well for a trail quad and sompin for people to get a lil rush on..

Old 07-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: BigBlack
I saw it and thought it looked cool and is a new step, but then started thinking of the following

1. Shock upgrade (1 more of these high dollar suckers)
2. Quad width (Upper and lower control arms, two new shafts, etc...)
3. Gear Ratio (how much will it take to change a rear sprocket?)
4. Drag? (what will it take to lengthen the thing)

Its gonna be expensive back there when trying to upgrade.
1. shocks will cost about the same. as a standard sport quad. throw elkas on all 4 corners and you lookin at around 2k
2. wanna widen it. up front 400-800 in the back the same plus proll 200 for axles
3. gear ratio. looks like you can probable undo the axle and pop it out to get the rear sprocket off. not much more difficult that takin off the tire on a normal SRA
4. Lengthening depends if it has a bolted on rear section of the chassis or not. if it does bolt in a spacer section to the desired length and lengthen your chain. simple

really only modifications this quad will need is possibly suspension and gearing.
But for your average ATV rider they leave their mochines BONE STOCK stock tires, shocks, gearing and the rest. Somthing like this will work well for a trail quad and sompin for people to get a lil rush on..

Yep I guess you are right, I often dream about all I could do to my Rappy, but sadly she has only seen a new GYTR slip on while still wearing her original 2001 shoes.

So I guess I am one of those buy and leave along type of guys. I do like the IRS do not get me wrong and was thinking that it could be dialed in real good for racing with a little R&D. A limited slip diff would have been really uptight on this thing. Would help in slow speed cornering a lot

Old 07-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Ummm? does it have a limited slip? I didnt catch that if it does. that would be some added weight.
Im definatly considering adding an outlaw to my garage. I was thinkin about gettin a new Ute though. too many quads to buy not enough money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

I was only concepting about the limited slip. I do not know if the Outlaw is or isn't equiped that way. My next addition will be one of the new 2 ups being offered. Maybe the Artic Cat TRV, it looks pretty nice.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

this isnt taking away wolverine sales, this things 2WD

Old 07-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure it will anly be a matter of time before they adapt a 4x system for it though. 2years maybe if sales take off?

Old 07-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

I have ridden an Outlaw and at first glance i was just as doubtful as you guys are..............

but they aren't marketing this machine as a Race machine...........it is supposed to be the ultimate trail quad...........
with the irs it rides a ton better..........handles the off camber landings MUCH better and still handles as well as a predator...........

92% of the sport quads that are bought and are used for trail ridding...........only 8% are used for actual racing..........Polaris is trying to target some of that 92..............

Old 07-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to be a very well thought out plan and well engineered bike. We will have to wait to see for our selves how it is.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Where did you get to ride one?

Quick Reply: Heard about the OUTLAW