Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

can you believe its over?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can you believe its over?

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
who says they arent getting rid of the blaster? its in plain black and white right on YAMAHAS SITE. please do more research next time
Why, so we dont inconvenience you?

We all make mistakes. (such as you thinking a banshee gets beat by a YFZ by 2 lengths to top speed).

You cannot compare a stock banshee. They are so bottled up and quiet, its UNFAIR to compare it to anything stock. (especially the already strung out YFZ)
You put pipes, filter and jets in a shee, then you play with it. Stock, its just suppose to be QUIET.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

stock is how everything should be race imo.. Bottled upo and everything is how it comes from the factory, the true fastest quad should be opened right from the factory

Old 07-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: paintballbanshee
stock is how everything should be race imo.. Bottled upo and everything is how it comes from the factory, the true fastest quad should be opened right from the factory
Have you ever HEARD a stock Honda 250R? A stock Blaster? A stock Banshee? These bikes are 2 stroke. They come from the factory with strict
noise regulations. They are EXTREMELY quiet in stock form. They sound like little wimpy lawnmowers.

To say that this is the way they should be raced is just not right. You see, a Raptor or Warriors power gains are minimal when piped ect. Sure there is some gain, but not too much. When you pipe and jet a Banshee, the gains are huge. (because they come so restriced in stock form)

Old 07-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

yes i agree with u mrcocky350x, but whether its "fair" or not thats how it is stock for stock. i think we all know by now what banshees are really capable of with mods. pipes dont help them as much as u think either. stock 450s can still run with them in a short run, and piped 450s will take them out. my hrc kitted 450r took and fmf piped banshee in acceleration and had the same top speed. ported banshees i know would be a much different story

Old 07-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
yes i agree with u mrcocky350x, but whether its "fair" or not thats how it is stock for stock. i think we all know by now what banshees are really capable of with mods. pipes dont help them as much as u think either.
FMF has dyno reports showing a 16 hp gain on an otherwise stock Banshee with their pipes. Toomey's T6 is even more impressive. I am always skeptical about hp gains reported by manufacturers, but those numbers are lots higher than what is claimed on four strokes.

I think a stock Banshee (like mine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) sounds a lot like a snomobile, or maybe even a ... gasp ... Polaris. When I first started mine at the dealer I looked at the mechanic that had just finished prepping it, and asked him if it was running. It is sooooooooo quiet that you just about can't hear it with your helmet on. The noise from the chain slider is three times louder than the noise from the exhaust. It is just wierd to have the chain slider be what is making the most noise when you ride your quad, LOL. Time for new exhaust [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 07-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R pipes dont help them as much as u think either

Well, first of all, whats up with the mrcocky350X hahaha lol

Anyways second of all, I own a Banshee with FMF Fatty pipes. (with a UNI air filter, perfectly jetted and tuned)
I know exactly how much of a difference they make. But the most important thing about it, is finishing the job. GOOD high flow air filter, and perfect jetting.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

16hp is a load of crap. 5-10 at most. ive ridden plenty of piped banshees, and though impressive, i know the piped yfz and my hrc 450r will run with if not take them

Old 07-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

16HP is a bit of a manufacturer exaggeration (sp?) im sure. I would say that Good pipes, Good filter and perfect jetting is probably good for at least 10HP though on a banshee. It really wakes them up from stock like no other bike can be.

Now im not trying to be a jerk, because I like the new breed of quads out there. But, in all fairness, your 8K dollar 450R with internal engine work (HRC includes a cam right?)
SHOULD be able to take a banshee with pipes and an engine that was designed in the very early 80's. (81 82? 83? cant remember)

I guess this shows how great the banshee motor is and how awesome it was for its time. I just wish I would have discovered it sooner.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mr350X
16HP is a bit of a manufacturer exaggeration (sp?) im sure. I would say that Good pipes, Good filter and perfect jetting is probably good for at least 10HP though on a banshee. It really wakes them up from stock like no other bike can be.
So with a real 10 hp gain, a high performance exhaust on a Banshee is going to give you about double what you really get from an exhaust on the new four strokes. There you have it then, absolute <u>proof</u> that a high performance pipe helps more than we think, and not less. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

So with a real 10 hp gain, a high performance exhaust on a Banshee is going to give you about double what you really get from an exhaust on the new four strokes. There you have it then, absolute <u>proof</u> that a high performance pipe helps more than we think, and not less. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

Exactly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]