Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

SiLVER LAKE SAND DUNES*****MEARS MICH!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SiLVER LAKE SAND DUNES*****MEARS MICH!!!!!

Does anyone here go to silver lake sand dunes in mears mich>??? MY dad and I have been going for awhile. I love this place, get a hotel buy the lake and ride for a few days. We went this weekend but my stator went out aobut 5 min after my first run through the dunes. We are goin back in the NEXT two 3 weeks. IS anyone IN>??????

PLEASE post here if you have been there, go there often, or want to go>

Todd

Old 07-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I went up there in June and had a blast even with the engine trouble.

Not sure if we will go back up this year, but will make the trip again next year.

Old 07-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

I was going to take some friends and our families up there to ride. We have been going to Waynoka OK for last 3 years and wanted to check out Michigan Silver Lake Dunes from Indiana. Unfortunately, all we found out was how difficult they can be. They don't allow anyone to ride I believe under the age of 12 which eliminated all three of our families. They require several different kinds of ORV and Michigan passes. And they also require pretty much stock pipes. At least according to their db sound charts, none of our raptors would pass. Not to mention their strict riding and directional requirements.

You would think they were trying to keep people away rather than invite them to visit. But, whatever! I guess Waynoka will continue to get our business rather than Silver Lake.

Just my 2 cents...

Old 07-25-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

I was up there last Monday and Tuesday. I was doin the Old School thing on my buddy's 350X's. Had a blast. Took the grill down to the beach had a few cold ones and rode the Wave Runner. Water was a little colder than I remembered and the dunes were a lot smaller than I remembered but after 5 years of Glamis what would you expect. Very unique place. Back in the old days you could pull your truck with all your toys right down to the waters edge, launch your PWC, drive into the water if you wanted. There are alot of regulations and permits you have to buy now. And you have to get vouchers for weekends too. I guess it's all for the best. I have alot of good memories at that place and still go up once a year to my buddy's beach house which is one mile north of the park.

-RT

<>

Old 07-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will probably be heading up their this weekend wich will be the 29th. With a slow kfx-400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

hel I go all the time its my favorite place to ride.....sense I live only 2 hours away it is an easy trip....although i also think that they have too many regulations...but o'well what can ya do........check out me and my buddies web site, there are a few pics of the dunes from a month or so ago......atvlifestyle.com

Old 07-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

I hate to tell you guys but their is not as many regulations as you all think. I am running a full yosh exhaust with only a spark arester screen I put in, nothing else. Really loud!!!! My stator did go back because the stator went out 5 mins after riding, but hey it happens. I will be goin back in a few weeks. My dad has a CT pipe with nothing but a SA screen and they are not that worried about sounds anymore. Just ride up working the clutch and hardly any gas and they just look to see if you have a spark arester!!! THATS IT

GREAt PLACE......

TODD

Old 07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

I have always wanted to go.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

but the shee didnt have any spark arresters.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

yea I hear yea man, I used to have a nice shee myself. I had fmf's and the silencers did not have spark arresters. I had to get the clamp on sparky's at 80 bucks a pop.....still got them somewhere around here.

Quick Reply: SiLVER LAKE SAND DUNES*****MEARS MICH!!!!!