Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.

Originally posted by: ehlitdew
Guys how about my idea, I think I will patent it, just kidding, but seriously check this out:

Bring raptor 700 EFI and tell yamaha to com up with a chip programmed to inject little fuel from 0 rpm to 4,000 rpm and from 4,001 rpm to 9,000 rpm let it inject fuel 4 times more fuel than it currently does.

EFI units can be programed to inject more fuel at certain rpms, think about it.

I THINK IT IS POSSIBLE.

I will try call up the chief technical manager to tell him this.

If they will pay for my plane ticket and accomodation I fly over to Japan, I think it will be kind of cool if the cheif technical manager tells me come over we will pay every thing, you never know.

They will probably pay alot of money for my ideas.

I will probably put my name on the invention, how about EhLitdEwshEe.
It doesn't work exactly like that. To get a proper combustion you need a 14:1 air:fuel ratio. If there isn't enough air, it's going to be as polluting as a 2-stroke...well, not AS bad.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.

Put the bottle on it trust me its about as big a kick in the but as a two stokes powerband, plus you get the benefits of all that low end torque! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

they are 2 way different engines.. 4 strokes are more complicated than 2 strokes.

it is still possible to have 2 strokes.. its just that it will cost way more to make them with the new technology and it may not perform the same.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ehlitdew
Guys how about my idea, I think I will patent it, just kidding, but seriously check this out:

Bring raptor 700 EFI and tell yamaha to com up with a chip programmed to inject little fuel from 0 rpm to 4,000 rpm and from 4,001 rpm to 9,000 rpm let it inject fuel 4 times more fuel than it currently does.

EFI units can be programed to inject more fuel at certain rpms, think about it.

I THINK IT IS POSSIBLE.

I will try call up the chief technical manager to tell him this.

If they will pay for my plane ticket and accomodation I fly over to Japan, I think it will be kind of cool if the cheif technical manager tells me come over we will pay every thing, you never know.

They will probably pay alot of money for my ideas.

I will probably put my name on the invention, how about EhLitdEwshEe.
Ehlitdewshee??? lmao think about it.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

I'm just happy to see this forum isn't blinded with people saying the new 4-strokes have the same hit as 2-strokes.

Old 07-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mdog
BRP will release a clean burning 2-stroke sport quad soon.
I know, I can wait I hear another 6 months or so

Old 07-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

wait wait wait... time out. BRP? what is that? what does BRP stand for?

Old 07-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

100% complete GUESS, but I would put my farm on Bombar... Recreational Products?

ORR... Butt Raped in Prison, or, Bad Re-Putation

Old 07-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BRP is indeed Bombardier Recreational Products.

They are working on a 350cc 2-stroke that is CLEAN.

Check out Evenrude's new 2-stoke boat engines. Cleaner burning than the 4-strokes, and all the power of a 2-stroke.

2-cycles still have a place in our sport, but unless the factories spend the money we will never see anything new. They can be made to burn clean, but tuning must be perfect all the way around.

Old 07-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mr350X

ORR... Butt Raped in Prison,
LMAO![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I bet the bombardier guys just love that!!!

Quick Reply: So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.