Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.

Originally posted by: ss97
BRP is indeed Bombardier Recreational Products.

They are working on a 350cc 2-stroke that is CLEAN.

Check out Evenrude's new 2-stoke boat engines. Cleaner burning than the 4-strokes, and all the power of a 2-stroke.

2-cycles still have a place in our sport, but unless the factories spend the money we will never see anything new. They can be made to burn clean, but tuning must be perfect all the way around.
alright. thats kinda what i was thinking since ive been hearing they were going to make a 2 stoke or something. i dont think ive ever heard them reffered to BRP tho. ok... cool. thx

Old 07-26-2005, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.

BRP is there new name, Bomardier spun there the toys diff off back to the familly (ski-doo, sea-doo, ATV, Boat) away from the Trains, Planes and other big stuff

Old 07-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Pro Rider

I just wonder if they are going to add a bunch of stuff to help it burn cleaner kinda like the catalytic converters and oxygen sensors on cars or if they are working on an entirely different set up? The reason I am wondering this is if they are going to just add some stuff then you know that will be the FIRST thing that most ATV riders will take off. Anyway just kind thinking... or typing out loud... LOL

Old 07-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I would assume that an O2 sensor is needed with the fuel injection to keep them running right. That way it know whether to decrease or increase the fuel. I'm not sure how much room there would be on a quad for a cat. And how big it would need to be.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

If they do go with EFI then it would need an 02 sensor, but I still don't see how they are going to make a "clean running" 2 stroke. I am VERY curious to see what they come out with.

After all they are going to have to make something that has been known as "2 smokes" for years run clean. What are we going to call them then? LOL

Old 07-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: Daranello75
Originally posted by: Mdog
BRP will release a clean burning 2-stroke sport quad soon.
I know, I can wait I hear another 6 months or so
THey have been saying the same thing about their snowmobiles. I think it is all hype.
A 4-stroke doesn't burn any oil, a 2-stroke needs to burn the oil. How can a 2-stroke be clean burning??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

how clean do those polaris trailblazers run? just like any other 2 stroke? i hope its not something like that. i hope it has some performance. i really dont think its going to be as good as it sounds but i hope it is.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer

Dont put OIL in them so they BLOW UP! LOL....

Old 07-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

buy a ex70. Or just stop putting oil in it and watch it smoke. Or if you really wanted a dyno graph like a two smoke get ya a nice 450 and slap the highest duration cam in it you can find, and gear it to the sky.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lottery
Dont put OIL in them so they BLOW UP! LOL....

Sounds like someone is tired of getting their as$ handed to them by 2 strokes... LMAO

Quick Reply: So soon there will no long be a 2 stroke brand new, so how can we make 4 strokes act exactly like 2 strokes.