Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2002 Yamaha Breeze

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Yamaha Breeze

Good afternoon,

I am currently looking for a quad. I found a 02 Yamaha Breeze. Does anyone know if this is a good quad? I found the specs on the web and it sounds good but I haven't found any reviews.

Also, I found a 91 Blaster. Is this one better than the Breeze?

I need help. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

unless your like 6 years old. the blaster is going to be better for you. it is faster, has better suspension and everything else. you can mod the pi$$ out fo them and they can be found pretty cheap. hope this helps

Old 08-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know anything about the Breeze, I just wanted to suggest that you give us some info about yourself. Height, weight, type of riding you're looking to do, other machines you'll be riding with, experience, etc. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Old 08-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Range Rover

IMHO, the 125cc Breeze is a great 1st Quad. My 13yr old has been riding his 2003 for 2-3 yrs now. The suspension is good for the weight of a 10-13 yr. old and it is very stable. It is built Yamaha tough and I have not had any problems with his.

Do a Search on "Breeze" and you will find several other threads about the Breeze.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

That's funny, the word tuff in my post above LINKED ITSELF to the Polaris site.

I guess they need to promote their junk any way they can.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yamaha Tough
Yamaha Tough
Yamaha Tough

Well it shows where they get their Tough from.... hehehehehehe

Oh, yea, The breeze atv's by yamaha are in the same category as the Timex, they take a lickin' and keep on tickin' thats why they rent them instead of the blasters.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Would the breeze be ok for a beginner rider? I am 5'5 and 115 pounds. I noticed most people that ride the breeze are either children or the wife. I am a wife but I don't want to have a machine that will hold me back from having fun.

I do appreciate all the info. Thank you again.

Old 08-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

For a beginner, the breze is a good choice. Its an automatic with a 4 stroke motor. You might feel a bit big on it, its meant for smaller people, but you wont hurt it by riding it, you just might not be real comfortable.
If you can, take it for a test ride, and if it feels too small, you might need to look at the next size up, like the 250cc size quads. Stick with the big brands, like honda , suzuki, yamaha,and polaris ...
But the breze is a good quad, and when youre done with it, there will be willing buyers for it.
If youre gonna ride on trails, or in a group, youll want a bigger quad. As you gain experience, youll feel restricted on it, and will have trouble keeping up, with bigger, better suspended machines.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondabuster
For a beginner, the breze is a good choice. Its an automatic with a 4 stroke motor. You might feel a bit big on it, its meant for smaller people, but you wont hurt it by riding it, you just might not be real comfortable.
If you can, take it for a test ride, and if it feels too small, you might need to look at the next size up, like the 250cc size quads. Stick with the big brands, like honda , suzuki, yamaha,and polaris ...
But the breze is a good quad, and when youre done with it, there will be willing buyers for it.
If youre gonna ride on trails, or in a group, youll want a bigger quad. As you gain experience, youll feel restricted on it, and will have trouble keeping up, with bigger, better suspended machines.
If you can, borrow someones for a ride or two, get used to it and look at the Suzuki Z250, I have had the breeze for both my kids and now my daughter rides the z250 and she loves it. I am at 180 lbs and rode the breeze up hills, to the bathroom and on the trails, the Z250 is a much better ride AFTER you have felt comfortable riding quads. It has no clutch but still has the gears to get you up and over almost any obstacle out there. My daughter is now 13 and has had the breeze since she was 8 years old, never had a problem with it besides adjusting the valves and changing the oil every other trip.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

get the blaster.. the breeze is automatic and is small it also goes like 30 mph top.

Quick Reply: 2002 Yamaha Breeze