Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Waiting on my raptor.....Man this waiting is KILLING ME!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2000, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still waiting on the November shipment of raptors to arrive at my dealer. Man this waiting is killing me...I don't know if I will still be sane enough to ride it..LOL. Is anyone else out there waiting on a raptor from the November shipment? If so I am curios what your out the door price was? Please, I only want people that ACTUALLY OWN a Raptor to respond to my next question. What would be the first mod you would recommend for me to do to my raptor? full skid plate? What other mods would you recommend? What break in proccess would you recommend for me to break in my new raptor when I get it?

Old 10-17-2000, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

I am still waiting on a September Raptor but i think my dealer screwed me so i dont think i will see it until November!!!! the wait sucks

ex400ex

Old 10-18-2000, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

For what its worth the wait is DEFINETLY worth it!

Old 10-18-2000, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer

Still waiting here. I already ordered a WB E-series and a 12 tooth front sprocket. I'll probably put the sprocket on as soon as I get it, but I think I'm going to wait awhile before putting on the pipe.

Old 10-18-2000, 11:48 AM
Trailblazer

Oh ya, I paid 7139 otd. The dealer told me that I would probably get it beginning to mid Nov.

Old 10-18-2000, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I'm sorry to hear about so many people waiting on their Raptors, I guess I was the lucky one. I never put my name down on a list, or gave a deposit. I had heard by word of mouth that a local dealer had one in stock, and I wanted to see it first hand. I wasn't really planning on or set on buying one.... until I laid my eyes on it. After I looked the quad over, I made the decision to buy it, but it had a "sold" sign on it. After questioning the salesman about the sign, he assured me that it wasn't sold, but put the sign on it to keep people from sitting on the quad! I don't know if he was telling the truth to me, or sold the quad out from under someone on a list. However, I bought my Raptor that day, and must say that it is an awsome quad to ride!! I plan on buying the Sparks ignition key to advance timing, getting a pipe and silencer, ordering a +4" axle, +2" a-arms, triple rate shocks up front, and some 18x9.5x8" turfs on >190 beadlocks and possibly re-gearing. Also, if Yamaha offers the graphic kit for the black/white Raptors I will purchase one of those too. I wish all you guys luck in getting your Raptors on time. Just try to be patient, it's worth the wait!!

Old 10-18-2000, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

im still waiting on the october shipment and well i know the people at the dealership personally and i know they arnt screwing me over its just that mine was stuck on a slow boat from japan and well it was suppose to arrived in america on oct 16 so bacicly now im just waiting on the trucking company to bring it here although i am really thinking about meeting them half way cause well i want it now and i understand about going insane over the wait cause well i was expecting mine on oct 9th and well it turned out there was some type of shipping problem over in japan and well it didnt get on the original boat or something like that and bacicly the boat it did get on landed in the usa as of monday so im hoping it wont be much longer cause well i feel like a crack addict going through withdrawls cause my cousin got the first one and let me ride it once and now i just want it a hole lot more than if i wouldnt have rode one and i havent had the chance to ride it again cause when im out in his area riding he isnt home and when he is out there im still stuck off in the city

Old 10-18-2000, 04:17 PM
Trailblazer

RaptorRules,
I've had mine for about a month, and here's my take. Fist of all, the machine is awsome - you'll be glad you waited. Skids are a good starting point. I've already seriosly thrashed the plastic swing arm skid it comes with. I noticed the GYT/R engine skid has a small flange that adds a litte protection for the radiator hose(from the water pump) that is sorely needed. The bumper is junk, but it's a handy place to drop in a 1iter bottle of drinking water . It's geared very high for rough trail riding, I have to cluch mine alot when hopping over large boulders and logs. I've got a 12 tooth c/s sprocket on order, but I'm also going to a 22 inch tire, so I need to, but if you ride fast trails or open ground, it shouldn't be necessary. As far as breaking it in, I was only able to ride for about 30 minutes before I forgot all about break-in, and started mashing the throttle(so I can't realy talk to that ). Good luck on getting yours soon, it will certainly keep your pulse up!

Old 10-18-2000, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

I too am waiting. But The wait is over! My dealer just called me, and the Number 2 guy dropped out. I was number 3 for a black and white, but the number two guy had blue coming, and I've decided to go for it, and take the blue instead. I'm driving down to Columbus OH Friday to pick mine up. My dealer is seriously p'd off at Yamaha, he was only alloted 3 total, and he is getting one a month, yet he has been a Yamaha dealer for 15 years, and sells quite a few banshees.

My budd Scrambler Drew is picking his up tommarow morning, so we are going to break them in together this weekend at Tour De Forest.

Old 10-18-2000, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

man i can't believe the wait on those things. the one i bought sat at the dealers for about three weeks before i bought it. only one other person was interested in it but was denied on his loan app. it's definelty worth the wait for them but good thing i didn't cause after riding mine i wouldn't have waited for one. for break-in i just run three tanks of gas trrough it and started hammering it. well not really hammering it cause i got a cast on my right arm but run it hard enough.

Quick Reply: Waiting on my raptor.....Man this waiting is KILLING ME!!