Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have these forums changed??

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have these forums changed??

The more popular this becomes the more people you get,the more people you get it gives you age diversity. With diferent age groups you get different age level topic intrests. It's a never ending cycle with different age groups in any topic. I just don't get involved in or open "Whats faster my yfz450 or my little brothers big wheel?" or "Can you make a 4 stoke behave exactly like a 2 stroke, because I'm obsessed with Banshee's?" That is why my posts counts are personally so low. I get on here for all the great info that most people can offer who have a great deal of experience/wisdom. I love the sport, most people that are involved in riding are typically good natured, and willing to assist other people. So I accept the fact that this place will be filled with other age group topics that don't apply to my intrest. Also I must be getting older, typing this long on a post topic that is 100% opinion oriented. Damn, I just admitted I'm old, where's that "Breeze vs. a 250R drag race" post?

Old 08-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Range Rover

Whatever man don't be mad because you have a slow Banshee... J/K

Hey, my Banshee was clocked at 95mph...................just because it was in the back of my truck at the time doesnt matter.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

I was the first member of this forum and I'd have to say they have changed a great deal! LOL!

Old 08-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cruddymutt1
Whatever man don't be mad because you have a slow Banshee... J/K

Hey, my Banshee was clocked at 95mph...................just because it was in the back of my truck at the time doesnt matter.
LOL I hear that!

By the way I was going to tell you I looked at your pics and I like the green/ black combo on the Warrior??? I guess... What did you do put a 400ex engine on a warrior frame? Anyway cool looking quad.

Old 08-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

The forums have been infiltrated by the youth of our nation..and it speaks volumes for what we are in for in the next decade..btw I'm an old fart here at 29 y/o.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

I joined this forumn also back in 99'. (the first time as asfastasu) The biggest difference I see, and really think is getting out of hand, is the younger crowd tring to sound cool and use as many profanities as they can. It just makes people sound REALLY stupid when thats their choice of words to use. Can they not use anything more intelligent? I will admitt that I'm an good ole redneck from the hills and hollers of Southern Indiana, but I can still speak (and type) more intelligently than that! The other change is no one will read the posts between theirs and the one that started the topic. (or alot times they don't even read their own to see how bad their grammer and spelling is) I admitt, I'm getting old!! I don't figure out what alot of these abbrievations mean!! Let alone mix in a bunch of mispelled words. Heck, sometimes I read a post 4-5 times before I can figure it out! As a wise old man said, "getting old ain't for sisies"

Old 08-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Wasnt this forum started in 97?

Old 08-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

We started off in 1996 as atving.com and I'd have to look back to try and figure out when the forums were actually launched. It was 1996 or 1997. This is about the 4th or 5th forums software we have had so we don't have all of the messages going back to day one.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dbeck
We started off in 1996 as atving.com and I'd have to look back to try and figure out when the forums were actually launched. It was 1996 or 1997. This is about the 4th or 5th forums software we have had so we don't have all of the messages going back to day one.
Oh ok thanx

Old 08-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Air
Pro Rider

The forums have changed alot. So have the ATV's The Blasters on here are even faster now than they were 5 years ago. Heck they do well over 80 now and can beat shees and raptors.

Quick Reply: Have these forums changed??