Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

660 Raptor vs. v-force

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007 | 02:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 660 Raptor vs. v-force

Two things regarding piped raptors.

1. Not all pipes are created equal, and poor jetting will make the fastest quad a slug.

2. A piped raptor 660 is dramatically and significantly faster than a stock one when the airbox lid is removed, jetting is good, and it's equipped with a good pipe.

Old 01-10-2007 | 08:52 AM
Trailblazer

Hi,Mine is a Yoshimura full exaust with a pro design air box with the lid removed.I just tore it down last night with a friend and it was running 110 octane fuel.Not shure why but could explain the white plug.I now need to know if I have to keep running the 110 fuel for a reason if it has a higher compression head or piston.Any ideas on this????
I still want to line it up with the guy that thinks this isnt that fast.LOL I am not shure what mods it has yet I will let you know.

Old 01-10-2007 | 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

I would not think you would need to run 110. I would bet you could run like 91 octane fuel, thats what a normal high compression type engine takes. 110 is pretty much race fuel and a normal engine would not benefit from that. Hope this helps, and I also hope someone else who knows more about compression and fuel chimes in here....

Old 01-10-2007 | 02:35 PM
Trailblazer

Hey thanks KFX hemi your not so bad after all.All I know is I am taking the carbs apart tonight and checking my jetting like I said I have very a very white plug.it might have just been from the 110 gas,but I want to know for shure how it is jetted.Do you know If I had a stock Raptor with a full Yoshi pipe and pro design air kit with lid off what the jetting would be?This thing seems like a air hog the more air you give it the faster it is.Thanks for helping.I have all the stuff for the KFX and will be putting that on this afternoon.I will let you know which is faster soon.

Old 01-10-2007 | 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know about raptor jetting... I live at 5200 feet elevation so anything I would say would be way off if you are lower then me. Sorry but jetting is one thing that I cant help with at my elevetion.

Old 01-10-2007 | 04:49 PM
Trailblazer

Hi,Thanks any ways,

Old 01-10-2007 | 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kfxandahemi
Originally posted by: maddog56
ive had it go both ways.. ive won, ive lost...they are pretty close. They are both pretty dang fast and fun to ride. This will be one of those topics that never end becasue there will always be someone who thinks they cant be beat, have most likely never raced and dont know what they are talking about and just say what they have (either the KFX or the rappy) is faster. But from experience I know that it goes both ways.
Dude... 660 raptors are not that fast... why do you think Yamaha came out with the 700? Because the 660 was getting dominated. If you think its so bad, line it up with me shee and see what happens...
Are you sure that you don't have a dual personality, or maybe someone else is logging in with your name?

What exactly was "dominating" the 660? A case can be made that the 660 is just as fast in stock trim as any of the big bores. The only thing that was clearly faster was the race-bred 450's, quads they usually don't go head to head with.
Ok... let me redo what ive said... stock for stock the 660 was alright... not the best not the slowest (still why the came out with the 700) The DS-650 was dominating the raptor 660.

what is annoying about this post is jwadd saying how nasty a piped 660 is... if that is your idea of nasty you need help. thats all im trying to stress here, piped and a filter on a raptor 660 does not make them fast...
Im sorry, but you need to get your facts strait. as a previous owner of a raptor 660, (now a happy owner of a 2007 yfz450) The raptor got replaced with the 700 because it was tipsy and way top heavy. They ithought how they could make a better big bore for the typical rider. Hardcore racers dont buy the big bores, DUNERS are the majority of the buyers. They made it wider, gave it a power increase, lower to the ground, and most of all...BETTER ON GAS...FOR THE DUNES! And long rides. Not bcause the 660 was being smashed in a strait line, if that were the case, they wouldnt have came out with the 700 and they would have unplugged the 660 a bit. Another thing, speaking of unplugging the most plugged up production quad off the showroom floor. Everyone knows the 660 is the most plugged up bike stock. But sorry guys, i have to get back on topic. As for the kfx700, i never had any respect for it whatsoever, until i raced one =D...I raced a suzuki twinpeaks 700 (almost same thing) and the kfx700. I raced them on grass and got it handed to me pretty good. Put the 2 on asphault, and the raptor doesnt have to get into 3rd gear to pull away, from the start to the finish it just eats it up. The 700 just gets up and goes on the grass, dirt, or gravel...NO hesitation. While the 660 is still spinning. END OF THREAD.

Old 01-10-2007 | 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fasterthanyou22

Im sorry, but you need to get your facts strait. as a previous owner of a raptor 660, (now a happy owner of a 2007 yfz450) The raptor got replaced with the 700 because it was tipsy and way top heavy. They ithought how they could make a better big bore for the typical rider. Hardcore racers dont buy the big bores, DUNERS are the majority of the buyers. They made it wider, gave it a power increase, lower to the ground, and most of all...BETTER ON GAS...FOR THE DUNES! And long rides. Not bcause the 660 was being smashed in a strait line, if that were the case, they wouldnt have came out with the 700 and they would have unplugged the 660 a bit. Another thing, speaking of unplugging the most plugged up production quad off the showroom floor. Everyone knows the 660 is the most plugged up bike stock. But sorry guys, i have to get back on topic. As for the kfx700, i never had any respect for it whatsoever, until i raced one =D...I raced a suzuki twinpeaks 700 (almost same thing) and the kfx700. I raced them on grass and got it handed to me pretty good. Put the 2 on asphault, and the raptor doesnt have to get into 3rd gear to pull away, from the start to the finish it just eats it up. The 700 just gets up and goes on the grass, dirt, or gravel...NO hesitation. While the 660 is still spinning. END OF THREAD.

LMAO!!!!! Oh, that's a real nee slapper!!!!

Old 01-10-2007 | 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

I forgot... you had a 660 so its the best machine ever. Did you watch that vid I posted... That rappy got it handed to it so just pipe down about how fast they are...

Old 01-11-2007 | 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Well ill put it this way...IMO there are 3 quads that make the best 300 foot draggers...That would be the Banshee..Rappy..DS650...Now with that said...

I had a Very quik 300 foot 686 drag rappy...I did not have a alot of probs with much in 300 foot...Beside them D@mn Banshees...Well i kept pooring money in the rappy..kept getting beat...So If you cant beat them join them..so i built a little top secret black banshee..LOL...So what im getting at if you want to go fast Build a BANSHEE...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 660 Raptor vs. v-force