Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

street legal in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street legal in Texas

Yep, 4-strokes have came along way. They can now compete with 20 year old 2-strokes.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow your close to me, and prolly know a few of the same people. My cousins live in Andrews and are real good friends with those drag banshee guys. Not sure if youve ever seen those....but JESUS those things are fast. Anyhow, shoot me an email and Ill give you the names of my cousins, might be funny knowing the same people and talking trash back and forth....lol.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh and btw the 2 strokes are a dieing breed, well at least yamaha isnt gonna be making anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]. It seems they think the 4 stroke is the way to go now. Your also right they both have thier fun places to ride. For me the mountains are for 4 strokes, you can ride a 2 stroke, but lets face it, its a pain in the **** to tune them just for a weekend, or even a week worth of riding. In the sand though nothing is more fun to me than a 2 banshee. With the right paddles and bike setup its a blast out at kermit.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:21 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm actually out of Midland, just have a passion for sand. Ever need a riding buddy let me know. Riding with my 7 year old is fun but not very challenging. I'll let you show me how slow my EX really is! lol! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Show me any results of professional racers on a 250R that is competing with a YFZ450 or the 450R? They aren't, period. As far as a banshee competing with the YFZ, forget about it. I have watched countless times in power robbing terrain like the cinders where the 450s smoke the banshee. I'm not bashing the banshee or the 250Rs but look at the race results and the guys around you.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:34 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Depends if you're talking drags or track Turtler. You pump enough $$$ in those banshees, they are hard, if not impossible, to beat in a drag for the smaller displacement 4-strokes.

Just depends on what you want out of a machine imo.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Turtler
Show me any results of professional racers on a 250R that is competing with a YFZ450 or the 450R? They aren't, period.
Actually, the 450 4-strokes race the PRO PRODUCTION class. Meaning to race that class, the race bike has to be in production. 250-2 strokes haven't been made for15 years or so, and if the 250r was allowed to race against the 4-chokes, it would regularly win races. Look at moto-x, where 250 2-strokes dirt bikes regularly spank 450 4-strokes.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

You see how that works. The pro "production" class. How embaresing it would be for honda, yamaha, and suzuki to have their flagship racers beat by a 15 year old 2-stroke.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

ROFL midnight has a good point, that would be funny as hell. I really dont have anything against 4 strokes, they are fun to ride in some places, I just prefer a banshee to any 4 stroke. Also, I dont see any 4 stroke quads running low 9's in the quarter mile on a paved track. Thats a fast banshee, methed out twin turbo banshee, Ive seen it, and almost crapped on myself when it ran that fast. Yes, the 450's are fast, and stock for stock a 450 will be a banshee, but put pipes on a banshee and re-jet, and pipe and rejet a 450, Im betting on the banshee in sand or pavement. That and there is so much you can do to a banshee for cheap that adds ungodly amount of power. If you want speed go to Kermit and watch the drag banshee's test and tune out there, they are faster than any 4 stroke wheeler ive seen, and they are still banshee motors.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:51 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: Karny
If you want speed go to Kermit and watch the drag banshee's test and tune out there, they are faster than any 4 stroke wheeler ive seen, and they are still banshee motors.
I'd love to watch some of them that have put real money into it. I'd imagine it's quite a sight.

I was out there not too long ago and some guy had a crotch rocket conversion. THAT thing looked fast!

Some people have too much money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: street legal in Texas