Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Honda civic vs Yamaha banshee

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda civic vs Yamaha Banshee video

would liked to have seen a race.. theres a video called 'crankenstein' out there, but i dont rem where i saw it. another banshee, and there's a shee pavement dragging a mustang 5.0 too... the shee wins as i recall.
anyone know where these are?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

now that was funni, lol IMAO, i could have beaten that civinc on my pedal bike, ever mind my raptor lol.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

man if you want power to weight ratio buy a 5.0 not some pile of crap civic...youd have to put atleast 5 grand into a civic just to compete with a lightly modded stang

Old 08-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: raptor8
would liked to have seen a race.. theres a video called 'crankenstein' out there, but i dont rem where i saw it. another banshee, and there's a shee pavement dragging a mustang 5.0 too... the shee wins as i recall.
anyone know where these are?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Check out the videos on www.bansheehq.com.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

jeh i have that vid, you can get it from kazaa. its the one where there are bike in the picture. and the shee is racin the ford mustang.

Old 08-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

wil check that out thanx!

Old 08-27-2005, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

Thats probably an 11 second civic. You want to talk power to weight ratio, ok crx=1885 with 175 hp (say you swap the b16a). Ford mustang=3,450 at a generous 275hp to the wheels. Lets be realistic about the hp, because the last time i checked that 4.6 was putting a little over 260 to the ground.
You do the math...

Old 08-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UltimateAussie
o hey and fast blaster i drive a 77 3/4 ton chevy cheyenne truck. and a 1987 s 10 blazer. and i dont have a heck of alot of money so sure we could race and youd win but lets see who could pull a 19 foot car hualer loaded with quads down the highway without straining the motor, lets end this, different cars were ment for different things. here are the purposes

rice burners - putting stickers on and driving through the ghetto
stangs, vettes, camaros, chevelles, all those good cars- helping middle age men through mid life chrisis's or just helping men period[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
tacomas, s 10's, those trucks- good econimical way to hual bikes quads, other stuff
REAL trucks- crushing rice burners yeaaaaaaaah

\hope this dont afend anyone
its alright man. i thought u were one of those ricers who rag on domestics and dont know a thing about domestics. ill race u with my truck.... 3/4 ton 90 gmc with 35s.... i could probly pull that trailer. 5.7 3 speed w/o overdrive 4.10s and a full floating 14bolt rear..... is urs lifted?

Old 08-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

the reason u can get a import into the low 14s is because they weigh 1/2 as much as a domestic.... have a motor swap with a new head ( usily v-tec) a cam and intake manifold. now if i did a motor swap on my mustang with h/c/i id be in the 12s..... and still weigh 1800 lb more.... and the ricer kids gut there cars takin out everything adn only leavin the drivers seat, no a/c power stearing, or anything..... how are u supost to take ur gf out in the summer, u wont have a seat for her to sit in and no a/c to keep her cool.... us domestic guys keep all of our seats and interior in and leave the ac in. if we need a cage we just put the seats back in after the cage is in.... find me a high 8 to low 9 sec natruly asperated import, cause theres plenty of domestics out there that are like that. find me a 8 sec import on street tires, cause theres a 8 sec mustang out there that runs streat tires. hes got the world record for it. take ur 13 sec pralude and make it weigh the same ammount as my mustang and then well see waht it runs.... 1500lb should add a good second more to ur time. all togeather i have 2600 into my mustang ( thats including the 2 gs i payed for it) and im runnin mid 14s @ 95 with just exhaust and timing advacne with a 2.3 60 foot (on tires i got for free, they came off of a station waggon... they SUX for traction).... show me a crx or civic that can do that. if u compar imports to domestics make sure ur not comparin a turboed car to a naturly asperated car.... casue make the natraly asperated car have 6psi and see what happens. some of my friends have imports that run 13s but i still rag on them cause they have nothing original in the car.... all that work pullin a motor and tranny just to get into hte high 13s.... the closest thing to an import i like is the talon, and technicly thats domestic becasue it was sold under chrystler....

Old 08-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

i dont mean to affend anyone with these comments

winning a race with a honda is like winning the special olipics, even if you win ur still retarted...
imports are like tampons.... every pu$$y has one...

Quick Reply: Honda civic vs Yamaha banshee