Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Honda civic vs Yamaha banshee

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda civic vs Yamaha Banshee video

Originally posted by: fastblaster00
the reason u can get a import into the low 14s is because they weigh 1/2 as much as a domestic.... have a motor swap with a new head ( usily v-tec) a cam and intake manifold. now if i did a motor swap on my mustang with h/c/i id be in the 12s..... and still weigh 1800 lb more.... and the ricer kids gut there cars takin out everything adn only leavin the drivers seat, no a/c power stearing, or anything..... how are u supost to take ur gf out in the summer, u wont have a seat for her to sit in and no a/c to keep her cool.... us domestic guys keep all of our seats and interior in and leave the ac in. if we need a cage we just put the seats back in after the cage is in.... find me a high 8 to low 9 sec natruly asperated import, cause theres plenty of domestics out there that are like that. find me a 8 sec import on street tires, cause theres a 8 sec mustang out there that runs streat tires. hes got the world record for it. take ur 13 sec pralude and make it weigh the same ammount as my mustang and then well see waht it runs.... 1500lb should add a good second more to ur time. all togeather i have 2600 into my mustang ( thats including the 2 gs i payed for it) and im runnin mid 14s @ 95 with just exhaust and timing advacne with a 2.3 60 foot (on tires i got for free, they came off of a station waggon... they SUX for traction).... show me a crx or civic that can do that. if u compar imports to domestics make sure ur not comparin a turboed car to a naturly asperated car.... casue make the natraly asperated car have 6psi and see what happens. some of my friends have imports that run 13s but i still rag on them cause they have nothing original in the car.... all that work pullin a motor and tranny just to get into hte high 13s.... the closest thing to an import i like is the talon, and technicly thats domestic becasue it was sold under chrystler....
Yeah,only thing about what U R saying is that those crappy little imports usually have half the motor or less and get 3 times the mileage.(gas and motor life)

Old 08-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

heck no my trucks not lifted, i could barely afford the truck let alone cool stuff to go on it besides my gun rack lol plus its a 2 wd. but i got the trucks for 500 bucks and it runs awsome. very reliable. as long as i keep feeding it oil on every gas change it runs great lol

ive tried some of that rebuild in a can stuff thats like a super thick oil thats supposed to help boost your compresion but it dont work. it does on some engines but mines 2 far gone o well im planning on using my s10 blazer as more of a project and the truck as a hualer. . o and sorry bout the trailer thing. i didnt realize you had a truck.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

ya thats now my truck and mustagn are..... they love to eat oil.... they both drip a little bit but they eat some to.... about the gas milage thing.... the bad misconseption is that domestics get 10mph.... thats very untrue... my mustang is 17-18 around town and 20-21 mph on the highway.... and thats with me driving it like its a rental car.... and as long as there taken cair of the motors will last just as long as a honda would, if not longer.... my boss has a 1996 gmc 2500 2wd pickup, vortech 5.7 with a 6 yard dump body on the back, and it has been used as a garbage truck since the day he got it. we also use it to carry 4 yards of mulch for landscaping jobs. its got 256,*** on it and its the original motor and the tranny went 2 months ago.... at 23*,***. lets see ya do that with that new honda pickup..... now gas in my truck on the other hand is 8-10 mph around town and about 14 on the highway..... thats if im luckey and not pullying anything.

Old 08-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

My naturally aspirated crx runs high 13's stock with the excption of the swap. There alot of 9 second all motor honda, im sure somebody watches espn cause theyre on there along with Titan Motorsports 8 second steet tire supra, that should be bustin into the 7's soon.
Oh and as far as the talon goes, yeah it was made under chrysler, but its the same as the eclipse which comes from japan my friend. The only v8 i would own would be an ls1 or maybe an lt1 becaus as of now those are the only strong running v8's i have come across. Sure lets swap a motor in our mustang, but how much $ will that motor cost? I paid $1,500 for mine with less than 30k, transmission and all and yes its jdm!!!! Its likke comparing the 660r to the 450, they both strong, and they're both capable it just depends on your taste and what you want it to do for you.

Old 08-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Bassettboy, could not agree with you more.

Old 08-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

so u do ur motor swap and have ur car weigh as much as mine and then well see whats faster. eagle is sold under chrystler so i consider it to be domestic... i know it says mitubishi on the motor but its sold under a domestic company and warenteed by one so id say its a domestic. my friend has a pralude and he put a 2.3 with a v-tec head on it and some other stuff and can barly keep up with my friends 99 cobra. this is na ez way to settal what is fast import or domestics..... what is the fastest drag viecal.... a top fule dragster running 4.3s.... and what is it.... a dodge motor....

Old 08-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer

You cannot include nany Chrysler as a domestic, since they are German - Daimler Benz. A friend of mine runs 10.6 sec. in a 3700# Buick Grand National with A/C, and DOT tires. Did I mention it is a stock block, crank, rods, heads, intake, and headers. Imagine if that car weighed less than 2500#.

As for me, my next project is an import. An Opel GT with 462 cubic inches (455 bored .030") of big block Buick. The drivetrain is done and puts out 450 hp. All of that in a car that weighs less than 2500#, and rear wheel drive. It is fuel injected and should get about 25 mpg on the highway without overdrive.

Old 08-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

what is the fastest drag viecal.... a top fule dragster running 4.3s.... and what is it.... a dodge motor....
And who turned a 4.3?
In a Dodge motor? I challenge you to go down to any Dodge dealer and buy one part that is used in a fueler motor.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

As I could see there's alot of rice haters. A ricer car to me is one with body kit on it and chrome wheels. There's this new generation now, called JDM. And this is by far more respectable. Four bangers taking on mustangs! I have a 2.3 DOHC Prelude that isn't the fastest car out there, but I sure can take out V-6 Mustangs. Have a little more respect for the imports, I have a friend with a bone stock 98' Mustang GT, that got beat by a Honda Civic SI that a GIRL was driving. I **** on him everytime he talks crap about my Prelude. So not everybody that owns a 4-banger is a ricer, some actually should earn credit. Besides, who wants a big block car with these gas prices!

PS. I too don't like ricers!

Old 08-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

the fulers are 500ci dodge motors.... there not out of a production car but there still dodge.... i have yet to race a si that was faster than me... off a light or a pull down a highway.... one of my friends has a si and he admits its prtty slow..... that si that beat the 98 gt was the si stock.... and girls drivin dont make that much of a difference cause some girls can drive better than guys...96-98 mustangs were really slow.... they didnt brake into the 14s stock so there slow.... they were the bad 4.6s...

Quick Reply: Honda civic vs Yamaha banshee