Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700R owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700R owners

Yeah, Dito here... I love my 700R, wouldnt change a thing and the lack of after market parts is not a problem, it will be a while befor i can ride this thing to its full potential, when that time comes i wil look at after market parts but this thing is fast right out of the box.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:43 AM
Trailblazer

Only complaint I have it the grips. The handling is 100% better than my '01 660. It really gives a confident feeling [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. No tipping over on the 700r.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:46 AM
Trailblazer

Will anyone be at Little Sahara for Sandfest with their new 700? Just curious cuz I just built my 05 and i'm wanting to see how it runs compared to the new bikes. Let me know. . thanks!!

Old 10-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Range Rover

Hi Air , how do u like the sitting position compared to the Bomb , have u ridden the old 660 , i am 6'5 as well and ride bombs, thinking about the switch but never liked the squashed up feel of the old 660 .

appreciate your thoughts .

Old 11-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

Went To Johnson valley riding area in CA. And had some major engine problems with my new 700r I Had about 4 hours run time on the engine when it decided to start blowing blue Smoke out the pipe. Rode it back to camp checked the oil res. and when I pulled out the dip stick oil started running al over. Loaded it packed it up early, got home checked oil level and air box,oil level was somehow back down to a normal level and the air filter and box where clean.
I Started the engine and noticed not only is it smoking like crazy, but In getting some coolant vapor comming out of the pipe. The coolant tank is also ready to overflow when the engine revs and then is calm at and idle. My guess is a blowen head gasket, or maybe thats wishfull thinking! In any case it is now at the dealer getting looked at. Just cant stand the idea that there going to have to rip the top off my brand new engine. I'll Post when I get it Back in about a Week.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Air
Pro Rider

The bomb had a bit more room but the 700 is comfortable. I hated the ergos on the 660

Old 11-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

I love mine. Its a very comfortable quad to operate, handles great, lots of power, nice instrumentation, easy chain adjustment, zerk fittings on the suspension pivot points. Cold startup is easy, not having to use the choke or rejet is nice.

I was considering the 06 YFZ 450 and the 700. I sat on the 450 and it was very uncomfortable. The handle bars are way to low, requiring me to bend over to reach them...it felt like an intermediate sized bike, for someone around 5'7"-5'9". Im 5'11" and the first thing on my list would have to have been a taller steering stem and bars just to make the posture right. I sat on the 700 and I said perfect. The layout was great, better than the Banshee I used to have.
For the same price, i wasnt about to settle for a carbuerator, no reverse, and an immediate investment to get the bike to "be comfortable to sit on".

Only complaints I have are Yamahas misrepresentation of the EFI compensating for modifications. I know firsthand that it doesnt, therby necessatating the purchase of an aftermarket programmer to get the fuel mix right.

Old 11-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I love mine! A lot of people said I needed something smaller but I think I do just fine on my 700.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FasterdeRapMakeMeHap
Went To Johnson valley riding area in CA. And had some major engine problems with my new 700r I Had about 4 hours run time on the engine when it decided to start blowing blue Smoke out the pipe. Rode it back to camp checked the oil res. and when I pulled out the dip stick oil started running al over. Loaded it packed it up early, got home checked oil level and air box,oil level was somehow back down to a normal level and the air filter and box where clean.
I Started the engine and noticed not only is it smoking like crazy, but In getting some coolant vapor comming out of the pipe. The coolant tank is also ready to overflow when the engine revs and then is calm at and idle. My guess is a blowen head gasket, or maybe thats wishfull thinking! In any case it is now at the dealer getting looked at. Just cant stand the idea that there going to have to rip the top off my brand new engine. I'll Post when I get it Back in about a Week.
WOW!........That sucks!. Yeah, something is definately wrong. It kinda sounds like a bad head gasket to me too. Hope you didn't ride it very much like that. This is the first time I've heard of someone have motor problems with the 700..........Please, keep us posted...........
..Oh, and welcome to the forums........ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

[Do you have to reprogram the fuel system to change the pipe? I was going to switch pipes back and forth depending on where I ride. I was thinking of selling my zilla and buying the new raptor, but I would need to change pipes. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Raptor 700R owners