Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What insurance do you have on atv

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005 | 03:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default What insurance do you have on atv

ok, so what about quads that are street legal, I have a progressive policy that is an "off-road"policy, they can't seem to give me a straight answer. But they sent me insurance cards????

Old 09-19-2005 | 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

I have my quad insured through State Farm. $525 per year but, that is full coverage. Theft, fire, collision, glass. Yes, it has glass coverage. I have no idea why, it just does. Got the fire because I learned when a friends garage burned that the homeowners won't cover the quad.
Good luck.

Old 09-19-2005 | 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Fahq
I have my quad insured through State Farm. $525 per year but, that is full coverage. Theft, fire, collision, glass. Yes, it has glass coverage. I have no idea why, it just does. Got the fire because I learned when a friends garage burned that the homeowners won't cover the quad.
Good luck.
I think you're getting taken. I have the EXACT same coverage from State Farm for $117 a year. I'm paying less for my Scarab with a 502 than you are for a four wheeler. I'd talk to my agent if I were you.

Buck

Old 09-19-2005 | 12:00 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: buck183
Good luck.
I think you're getting taken. I have the EXACT same coverage from State Farm for $117 a year. I'm paying less for my Scarab with a 502 than you are for a four wheeler. I'd talk to my agent if I were you.

Buck
I agree. I have the same and all three of mine together is less then that, and I'm in CA!!!

Old 09-19-2005 | 08:53 PM
Range Rover

2004 raptor @168/year through state farm.

Old 09-19-2005 | 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Just talked to my insurance company today. I had done an online quote and automatic generation of quote was $300. After talking to them they put my information in as existing customer and it was cheaper. Full coverage, same as my Harley. Between my Harley and my quad $690.00 a yr and I've got a ticket from 1 yr ago, I think 1 from the yr before and I was good the year before that one, but I have a bad record previous to that. Reckless, a ton of speeding and various others. I was one ticket away from habitual offender. 7 page record!!

Old 09-20-2005 | 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

I have full coverage through State Farm on my 03 Raptor for about $240 a year. Also it is SO worth it. My last big crash had a $220 dollar estimate, I paid a $200 deductible and they covered the rest. after the crash the yearly amount went up only about $4.

Old 09-20-2005 | 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

I meant a $2200 estimate for damage.

Old 09-20-2005 | 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Good luck.

Buck
Thanks for the heads up. I have my truck, wheeler and Harley through them. You would think it would be cheap. You think I am paying more because I live in the welfare state of New York?

Old 09-20-2005 | 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Good luck.

Buck
Thanks for the heads up. I have my truck, wheeler and Harley through them. You would think it would be cheap. You think I am paying more because I live in the welfare state of New York?
That may have a lot to do with it. As you can see I live in Arkansas. I have buddies who live in your area with boats who pay 2-3 times as much for their boat insurance as I do. Maybe I'm just lucky???

Buck

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: What insurance do you have on atv