Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Quad bashing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2000, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK fella's, it seems that there's a lot of people who come into the forums just to put down certain quads or manufacturers. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm tired of hearing it. There is no one single ATV that is perfect, it just doesn't exist. The Honda fans put down Yamaha, Yamaha fans knock Honda, it seems everyone dogs Polaris, not to mention Bombardier. I think that we all need to stop and look around. How many tires do all these quads have? Everyone has their own riding style and preference. To say one quad is better than the other may be true to you, but not to someone else. A pro level 250 racer is not going to recommend a 4x4 utility quad to another pro level racer to be competitive. Does everyone get that. All quads have good points and bad points. Another thing is the concern of which quad is the fastest, honestly, who cares once you're past 70 MPH? I'm sure there are Raptors that have beaten Banshees, and Banshees that have beaten Raptors, and DS650's and vice versa. I know it's all for bragging rights, but does that mean that if you don't own the fastest thing on 4 wheels that you can't have fun? I think that we all need to agree that we are on the brink of a sport quad revoloution, we will probably see more new models introduced by the different manufacturers. Everyone should do their part to encourage this and not bash any quads just because you own brand "X" and someone else owns brand "Z". Get my point?

Old 10-23-2000, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well said!

Old 10-23-2000, 06:50 PM
Trailblazer

very good article chad, thats all i hear latly, is quad bashing.. Ive toasted 500's on an mx track with my old blaster... it all depens on the situation and rider level..im so glad there are many different models out there.. i have been riding wheelers since i was 8 im now 25,, 17 years,, it was wicked big when '' the big 4'' all made hi-performance machines back in the mid to late 80's,, then BOOM the only thing left in production was the banshee...its been a long ****ty road with no new machines released..but wheelers are getting very popular again..i welcome all the new models becouse i CARE about the sport, and new wheelers mean good times for atv's...ive watched the sport almost die, now its coming around(bout time).....and dont forget while all u morons are polishing your egos by bashing others quads, the man is taking all our riding areas away...so WAKE UP,SHUT YER MOUTHS AND KNOW YOUR ROLES before its too late and our land is reserved for all the tree hugging freaks out there!!!

-98 mx banshee
-01 (soon to be mx) raptor
-88 250r (gone but not forgotten)

Old 10-23-2000, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Nice point and i agree,but you cant even convince some people that human beings are equal let alone quads. There is a definite surplus of ignorance in this world.

88'250R (critical condition)

Old 10-23-2000, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

hi babchad
good point
i have a raptor.
i say ride and let ride.
it dose not matter what you ride
just ride and have fun.

Old 10-23-2000, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

I have been riding for a little over 4 years now. Usually with in-laws, wife and family.

The past three rides were with a younger crowd, with faster, sportier quads and dirtbikes. Despite the fact one of them rides an infamous Banshee and I, a "brick on wheels" Scrambler (I love that one)...they were the best rides yet! Both quads out on the trail complement each other very well. Each has it's strengths and weaknesses.

I have never had so much fun riding! We even exchange rides sometimes and that makes it even more of a thrill!

Bashing is for ignorant people with inferiority complexes. Ride on!

Brian

Old 10-23-2000, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

You're gonna make it! you'll get used to the clutch! Polaris sucks!!!ahahahahahah just kidding (I better not tease too much because I still remember a little mudhole...hehe).
It's always the same thing. Some people only live for competition, to be the fastest...if they have the bucks, they can...I just won't reply to their topics.
The point is just having fun. I have fun. The more I ride, the more I love my shee!

It's also true that when you read the honda forum...a sucker on his bone stock 400EX beat a 570 trinity shee by 59 quad lengths, on th e bombardier, they have a 650 they go even faster, a guy raced a Diablo on 2 miles and won, on the Yamaha forum other suckers beat F15 Jets on their bone stock Craptor. (I call the Raptor that way because I sounds real fun...not because I think Raptors are bad machines -no machine is a bad machine today-).

Too bad you can't figure out he truth any more. That's why I won't put many performance parts on my shee. It runs well, and I have fun riding with my friends...what more can I get?

Trending Topics

Old 10-23-2000, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

Well, since we can all get along now, lets all post on the motocross forum and rip apart those weenie two wheelers! (joke) I remember, I have two wheelers also.

Dinocrisis
01 Raptor
99 Lakota
99 TRX 90
ATC 185
XR 250
CR 125
V-10 Dodge 4X4

Old 10-23-2000, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

Well, since we can all get along now, lets all post on the motocross forum and rip apart those weenie two wheelers! (joke) I remember, I have two wheelers also.

Dinocrisis
01 Raptor
99 Lakota
99 TRX 90
ATC 185
XR 250
CR 125
V-10 Dodge 4X4

Old 10-23-2000, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Come to think of it, I did look pretty silly stalling out 7 times in a row! Then after the puddle 4 times! Then after the next stop 3 times...Hey, I was getting better!!!! But once that puppy got goin'....watch out! Amazing ride and so light compared to my monster...LOL