Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What Should I Get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005 | 11:35 AM
|
Range Rover
Default What Should I Get?

I'm taring my warrior down to the frame to fix my motor mounts and have everything powder coated, while I got it all apart I'm putting in a Vesrah clutch and am thinking of getting a steering damper, maybe a cam mod, if it'd help aftermarket valves. What would yall suggest to help my engine wake up some more? I don't really want any chassis or suspension upgrades though. You can see what mods I already have. Any thoughts would be good. Thanks.

Old 09-16-2005 | 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

well a valve grind or over sized vlaves with stiffer springs will definatly help and with a hotter cam will go nicely. if you do that valve work you can get a dyna ignition. but you need to have the stifffer valve springs with it other wixe you can float your vlaves. but yeah cam vlaves and a cdi should really wake it up. o and do i see any where in you sig a pro flow kit. i would definatly get one of them, they get rid of the leaky stock setup, hope this helps

Old 09-16-2005 | 11:51 AM
|
Range Rover

what is a pro flow kit, and just to make sure I'm not mistaken, the CDI box is that black box under the seat, right?

Old 09-16-2005 | 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

ok a pro flow kit is a clmap on adapter that lets you run a clamp on air filter so its a tight seal. the stock air filter is prone to leaking in unfiltered air, it costs about 90 bucks with a k an n and a little cheaper for one with a foam filter. its one of the first mods i got for my quadheres is the uni filter oneheres the k&N filter one hope this helps

also the cdi box the black box under the seat with like 2 sets of wires coming out of it. a dyna cdi allows you to rev higher and set your ignition curves if you go to the site where i told you about in my PM theres a guy on there that knows all about them

Old 09-16-2005 | 10:30 PM
|
Range Rover

Thanks, Aussie
Have you heard of anyone having a steering damper on their warrior, I've heard they are a better dollar for dollar investment than aftermarket suspension is?

Old 09-17-2005 | 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

yes i have heard of them. and every one that has had one has said they were a great investment. me myself have had no personal use with them but they are a good idea if you ride in rutted or really rough trails

Old 09-17-2005 | 09:24 AM
|
Range Rover

A couple more questions, does the pro flow kit eliminate the air box and just clamp directly to the carb intake or does it make it were the lid doesn't hold in the filter? Also does anyone sell a cam and valve combo kit? If not, who makes good cams and valves?
Thanks again

Old 09-17-2005 | 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

k the pro flow kit DOES NOT eliminate the air box it just allows you to run with out an air box lid. but you can use the lid if you want still. the best part about it is that it makes a better seal, plus the no air box lid is a plus. im going to get an outerwears air box lid thingy eventually. but yes i would go with a pro flow and the valves as for the valve cobo im sure they exsist but i dot recall seeing any. hot cams is a coomon cam put in warriors but i have heard that they dont give as much performance as they should. alot of people also put in web cams. and for valves im not sur whats the best kind to put in

Old 09-17-2005 | 04:52 PM
|
Range Rover

Thanks for all the help that answers all my questiions. If anyone else has anything to add it can only help.

Old 09-17-2005 | 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

I got My Cam,Valve Spring,and Piston from Alba for my Warrior back when I had one. They include all the gaskets and stuff too. I used the stock valves I think Ferra makes some for a Warrior tho.