Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFZ 450 owners/want

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ 450 owners/want

No chance. Yamaha has earned my loyalty time and time again.
Cap'n

Old 10-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: keelam
Originally posted by: maddog56
FTJ is just a reseller. KMS is the mfger of the EFI kits they sell KMS was working on a kit for the yfz but I've never heard that they were done with it. If you really want to get some information on it talk to people who have a clue not the middleman. Not that I believe you're all that serious anyway, but thats neither here nor there.
Thanks for the information. BTW, why are you always trying to cause problems? Always bringing up that I am not serious. Why won't you just back off.
I'm not causing any problems, but since you have sought to single me out as the sole critic of you then I'll take the position. Your posts are off the wall and all over the spectrum. One minute it sounds like you have a good grip on what you're talking about and the next you dont have a clue. I had to stop reading the thread where you proclaimed the 1/4 mile time of your car from a dyno run. In one thread you're trying to chop up a street bike exhaust for a 4 cylinder machine and bolt it onto your single cylinder yfz, ignoring the 400+ you spent on your Yoshi. You've started a handful of threads dealing with EFI and mention it in threads having nothing to do with a yfz or with EFI. Basically you are all over the place both with your posts and your post content. So if I and a few other members dont immediately take you seriously maybe you can begin to understand why. If not, well I really wont care.

Old 10-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
There's only a $300 price difference between the LT-R450 and the YFZ. Almost every racer gets wider A-arms and axle, stock on the zuki. That alone is way more then $300, the EFI is just a bonus. As for the weight, 18lbs difference, no biggie. Yes it's probably too wide for the average trail rider but it's not built for them.
Yamaha guys crack me up. When the Raptor 700 came out it was the most awesome thing out 'cause it was EFI and a 700. All it is is a 686 with EFI that barely beats either 450 if at all, and yes I've raced them. Give Suzuki some credit, they built a racer that should be very competitive out of the box. We'll just have to wait and see when it hit's the dealers, tracks and dunes how it stacks up.
MX racers doesn't just get longer a-arms and axles, but also stronger, cleaner, and lighter ones. Inevitably people that race the new Suzukis will replace their stock a-arms and axle for stronger and lighter ones. I also hear alot of talk about swapping EFI for a carb...so whats the point of spending the extra money on the Suzuki? I donno bout everyone else, but I wasn't too hyped up for the new Raptor when first released and now that I've ridden one I realize how over hyped they are. Don't get me wrong though; Yamaha did some great improvements to the Raptor, but I believe the best improvement is in the handling department, not the EFI. I agree Suzuki deserves credit they from this racer. I'm sure it's gonna be a sweet quad and very competative, but like I said before it's nothing leaps and bounds over the other 450's so theirs no need to rush out and sell your 450 to buy the new Suzuki because it's "the next big thing".

BTW maddog, you hit the nail on the head with that one. Well said! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RoostItUp

BTW maddog, you it the nail on the head with that one. Well said! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
ditto

Old 10-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

i wouldnt want to buy a quad the first year they came out, i would wait a few years to see if anything went wrong with them imo.